By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

This will be biggest 3rd party Switch exlusive until now in Japan.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Switch only? That's disappointing especially after they announced Inazuma Eleven for PS4.

Don't Nintendo have a deal with Level 5 with this? I mean, Nintendo is the one publishing the games in NA and Europe, and considering it's a handheld series first and foremost, the jump to PS4 isn't probably of that much worth.

So's Pokemon, yet some people seem to think that not being handheld exclusive much longer (due to the impending Switch release) will make it be bigger than ever before. Almost certainly won't happen with Pokemon due to how far ahead of the rest gen 1 was sales wise, but Yokai Watch doesn't have sales that high to compete with.

XD84 said:
Level-5 will make sure that YW4 will release before Pokemon Switch.

That would be a great move on their part. It would also benefit Pokemon quite a lot, since YW are always hardware sellers in Japan, so the bigger the installbase the better the sales.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Xen said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Switch only? That's disappointing especially after they announced Inazuma Eleven for PS4.

Looking at this series as a whole, I don't think we are actually missing out on anything of substance, no offense to the fans.

Ka-Pi, and most Yo-kai fans as a whole, are Pokemon fans. So substance was never even part of the equation. (kidding)

Of course, that doesn't stop the impact the franchise could have (if it rebounds, of course...). I haven't played Yo-Kai myself but I am actually quite interested. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Xen said:

Looking at this series as a whole, I don't think we are actually missing out on anything of substance, no offense to the fans.

Ka-Pi, and most Yo-kai fans as a whole, are Pokemon fans. So substance was never even part of the equation.

Of course, that doesn't stop the impact the franchise can have (if it rebounds, of course...)

I was a bit offensive, you are a lot offensive

...but yeah, I don't care about Pokemon the slightest bit either, so I suppose you are on to something-

Around the Network
Xen said:

Ka-Pi, and most Yo-kai fans as a whole, are Pokemon fans. So substance was never even part of the equation.

Of course, that doesn't stop the impact the franchise can have (if it rebounds, of course...)

...but yeah, I don't care about Pokemon the slightest bit either, so I suppose you are on to something-

Lol hence my edit ...   To be fair, it's Ka-Pi. He's too chill to offend. Anyone else and I would have toned it down. 

Pokemon and Yo Kai could be the best thing ever on Switch, who knows at this point. 

Xen said:

Lol hence my edit ...   To be fair, it's Ka-Pi. He's too chill to offend. Anyone else and I would have toned it down. 

Pokemon and Yo Kai could be the best thing ever on Switch, who knows at this point. 

Look to the left and I'm still totally mooning you though

Ka-pi96 said: 

Nice.... it's not as effective with the tail in the way though tbh

We didnt even get the 3rd one localised to play on the 3DS(I liked the first two)!

Will this Switch version be translated for the west?

wonder how will do it, as the ip saw better times