By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

So is it confirmed switch exclusive? Did they say no ps4 version?

Around the Network

I only played the first game so far on the 3ds and I thought it was pretty good. What it lacked was a more intense / better story and character development. This game could be so much more. Love the visuals on the 3ds, can't wait to see how the will look on the Switch.
I haven't played 2 and 3.  Maybe I will still invest my time into these 2. Is the story better in the sequels?

Last edited by Peh - on 10 April 2018

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Kerotan said:

It seems thats exclusive to Switch.

Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino recently stated that all future main games from the company would be released for the Nintendo Switch – and it seems like he wasn’t kidding. Yo-kai Watch 4 has been announced in the latest edition of Famitsu, and it will be released exclusively for the Switch.

https://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-4-announced-for-switch-releasing-2018-in-japan/

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino recently stated that all future main games from the company would be released for the Nintendo Switch – and it seems like he wasn’t kidding. Yo-kai Watch 4 has been announced in the latest edition of Famitsu, and it will be released exclusively for the Switch.

https://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-4-announced-for-switch-releasing-2018-in-japan/

He didn't say they would be all exclusive though?

And from what I see they never said yw4 was exclusive either although I expect it to be. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

He didn't say they would be all exclusive though?

And from what I see they never said yw4 was exclusive either although I expect it to be. 

"Yo-kai Watch 4 has been announced in the latest edition of Famitsu, and it will be released exclusively for the Switch".

I don't see how can someone see this other than exclusive game.

Around the Network

I really liked YW 1 and 2 and I still expect the launch of YW 3 in the west, with the franchise decaying in sales they should risk more with new mechanics with this new game, i dunno this is my opinion :/

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Lets see if this Switch version will bring the series back to life (previous entries did still sell well, but the decline was easily spotted from their milking of the franchise)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yokai Watch hype seemed like it died down significantly so a switch version might push the franchise further. Played a bit of the first one and it was fun.

XD84 said:
Level-5 will make sure that YW4 will release before Pokemon Switch.

They are currently ahead. Since I heard that Pokemon will either be late 2018, or early 2019 (Probably before April 2019) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If they are serious about this being a big jump in porduction value and scope, this will likely give the franchise a second wind. It will be up to them however to handle the IP with greater care this time.

But even if it gets a revival in Japan and is the best in the series, the franchise is still probably doomed to cult status in the West. Still, that does give the Switch a good solid exclusive for the second half of the year.