By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battle Chasers: Nightwar launches May 15 on Switch

Looks good, i'm looking forward to this.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar, the RPG that combines dungeon crawling, turn-based combat, a rich story and a gorgeous JRPG Style comes finally to Nintendo Switch.

Following a lengthy delay, Battle Chasers: Nightwar has finally secured a release date on Switch. THQ Nordic has announced that it’s due out on May 15.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will cost $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 on Switch. That applies to both physical and digital releases.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I thought that said Battle Chess at first glance and I thought they were at long last rebooting the glorious Battle Chess!

https://www.myabandonware.com/media/screenshots/b/battle-chess-et/battle-chess_3.png

ninjapirate42 said:
I thought that said Battle Chess at first glance and I thought they were at long last rebooting the glorious Battle Chess!

https://www.myabandonware.com/media/screenshots/b/battle-chess-et/battle-chess_3.png

Oh right, a new Battle Chess would be just glorious. I don't understand why not, normal chess games come from time to time. Implementing something like Battle Chess would not be much more difficult. It could be just a skin with animations for chess pieces.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Why is switch always getting games like a year after the pc/ps4/xb1?

JRPGfan said:
Why is switch always getting games like a year after the pc/ps4/xb1?

Most likely in development for PC/PS4/XB1 way before it has to be put on the Switch. 

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Oh right, a new Battle Chess would be just glorious. I don't understand why not, normal chess games come from time to time. Implementing something like Battle Chess would not be much more difficult. It could be just a skin with animations for chess pieces.

I used to play Battlechess back in the day :) the animations made it much more fun imo.
Yeah I cant remember a chess game since that does it like they did.

JRPGfan said:
Mnementh said:

I used to play Battlechess back in the day :) the animations made it much more fun imo.
Yeah I cant remember a chess game since that does it like they did.

The process of moving pieces and their animations were incredibly slow, but they could have a fast paced one now with some pretty awesome animations!

Been looking fwd to this release for quite some time, now.  Hoping this version will be well scored and received.  I guess that I'll ask the same question i did in the news article.  Does anyone know why the other versions metascores varied so much,....with ps4 being a mid 70's while bxone was an 84?

EDIT.  I see the reason why now.  Xbone had a whopping 8 reviews and ps4 had 30 plus.

it appears that the good heavily outweighs the bad here. 

Last edited by Kwaidd - on 05 April 2018