By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 30,000 Britons Demand Trump

KrspaceT said:
LurkerJ said:

Hate speech is subjective. 

A lot of the Quran and Hadith verses are the embodiment of hate speech, why aren't they banned in the Britain? If hate speech isn't allowed, all London Islamic schools should be shut down. 

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

The Bible is just as bad, if not worse than the Quar'an. The Qu'aran has a lot nicer things to say about other peoples of the book than the Bible does.

Confirmation Bias much?

Writing such a statement highlights the commentators total inability of self reflection to the point I am unsure whether or not it's purposely written to incite reactions. 

I am not even a religious person and I had shake my head at that statement. 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

You know what else is disturbing? We basically banned her for saying Allah is Gay. Is calling someone or something gay an insult?

I believe being gay is a normal state of being, the majority of the British people believe just as much. Gay is merely an adjective, a description, not a freaking insult!

Why is the liberal media not making a fuss about this? The UK has just banned a woman for describing Allah with the word "gay", what kind of message does that send to our LGBT community? Is Muslims' feelings are more important? 

Because making a fuss about islam's ignorance is not politically correct. Criticizing islam in Europe is not politically correct. And if islam is a cancer on the surface of the earth, this damn political correctness is a cancer on the surface of our European countries. I don't know why we are like that over here to the point of rather going with a dangerous thing like islam instead of defending freedom of speech and good sense. To tell you the truth it boggles my mind. And to add insult to injury the more we sustain terrorist attacks the more our leaders are like: Islam is absolutely great, pure, good, peaceful, tolerant etc... A very sick version of the Stockholm syndrome in my opinion.

As for me I really wish the best to the LGBT community and I am very pleased that their existence is a very deep thorn up that religion's ass. But as always the LGBT community must be very careful cause those guys are not kidding around. They do humiliate, torture and murder gays in muslim countries and if they had their way, gays in Europe and America would meet the same doom and the only consequence would probably be our European leaders repeating to us, nay, brainwashing us about how peaceful, loving and tolerant islam is.

please take him! Though I certainly wouldn't wish Trump on any country. America should export Trump to our enemies. We'll freely give your the president and then watch your nation implode haha. Trump is a trojan horse, except one made of glass in which anyone who isn't blind sees the threat lying within.

The idea of people on the left wanting censorship baffles me.

But even more baffling is the fact that people on the right claim to oppose censorship - especially those who support Trump.

When you look at the major censorship across the US, for example: sexuality banned in media, censorship of the press in regards to US warfare, censorship of the EPA, NASA, USDA, and threats to revoke network licenses by sources that are critical of a specific leader - this all came from the right - especially the Trump and Bush administrations who have been the two worst US Presidents with censorship efforts since the Communist Control Act of 1954.
The right is responsible for most of the censorship efforts, period.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Aeolus451 said:
KrspaceT said:

Brexit, do you not remember that? The country already has a conservative count that can lead to decisions just as  bad, if not more so, than electing Trump. 

And Europe has tougher Hate Speech Laws because, unlike America, Free Speech isn't allowed to run wild. There is an argument to the problems of arresting people for, say, denying the Holocaust or Hieling Hitler, but here's a counter argument: Free Speech in America runs wild enough it is borderline cancerous at times.

The UK needs more.

Neither the UK or Europe have free speech. They have a token version. Normal speech doesn't need protection because it's accepted speech by people in general or by the authorities. Offensive or dissenting  opinion needs protection from the majority or people in charge. The people in charge change therefore what's offensive or dissenting changes.

'Token Version'.

Look, I'm American, and I frankly prefer their version to ours. America has a problem with people being allowed to not only spread genuinely false information, like anti-vaccination and everything involving the conspiracy nonsense that gets Sandy Hook and other school shooting victim parent's harassed, but speech that is just disgusting. The Westboro Baptist Church, Charlottesville...

'Too Much of a Good thing' is a saying for a reason. Cancer is too many cells going about destructively. That is what American Free Speech is having a problem with, cancerous speech. 

LurkerJ said:
KrspaceT said:

The Bible is just as bad, if not worse than the Quar'an. The Qu'aran has a lot nicer things to say about other peoples of the book than the Bible does.

Indeed. No disagreement there. However, I can make fun of Jesus all day and it will be just like any other day. If I do the same to Muhammad, his psychopathic lovers will throw a tantrum and try to shut me down one way or another. 

View on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjH5hZYTbQ

It's not like I am a fan of Lauren, but the only reason what she did is considered hate speech is because a bunch of babies cried, and that's the problem with banning hate speech, you will mostly end up banning speech that offends a loud, but not necessarily reasonable, group of people, regardless of how offensive the content of the speech objectively is. 

Those same people who were protesting her have no problems teach their kids that apostasy and being gay are punishable by death, but since those verses are called Quran and Hadith, we are asked to accept the fact that it is being taught everywhere in the UK. Indeed, some Christians are as cancerous but they're a vanishing breed in comparison, and we don't seem to care if we offend them or not, the same can not be said about Muslims proliferating all over Europe and receiving preferential treatment because they're a "minority". 

Christians are hardly any better. Try the same things here you might with ones died in the wool as much as these Muslims, and frankly both are fairly small amounts. Of course there are more Christians so the small amount is larger. 

'Proliferating'. Really? What are they to you, feral pigeons? 

CrazyGamer2017 said:
LurkerJ said:

Indeed. No disagreement there. However, I can make fun of Jesus all day and it will be just like any other day. If I do the same to Muhammad, his psychopathic lovers will throw a tantrum and try to shut me down one way or another. 

Exactly. And this is what makes Islam a very dangerous cancer on the surface of the earth, their murderous intolerance. I won't defend religion in general but this one religion is particularly intolerant. Christianity was probably the same a few centuries back but with the evolution of western society, Christianity has changed, with the exception of some parts of the world like in the southern United States where you can still find Christian nuts...

The only thing I can do is hope that with the passing of time, years, generations, they too will exit their "dark age" of religion and live out their lives without making islam the very center of their universe but that will take a lot of time and there will be much more blood spilled in the name of their ignorant beliefs. But yeah, that's humanity for you.

As for that video, it's shocking to see how freedom of speech means so little in the UK when you disagree with islam. They might be very critic of Trump and I'm not saying they are all wrong about that but this lack of freedom of speech is the opposite extreme.

Most Muslims aren't as aggressive as people paint them. You have extremists, just like Christianity. People just advertise the Muslim ones more.

Cubedramirez said:
KrspaceT said:

Brexit, do you not remember that? The country already has a conservative count that can lead to decisions just as  bad, if not more so, than electing Trump. 

And Europe has tougher Hate Speech Laws because, unlike America, Free Speech isn't allowed to run wild. There is an argument to the problems of arresting people for, say, denying the Holocaust or Hieling Hitler, but here's a counter argument: Free Speech in America runs wild enough it is borderline cancerous at times.

Free Speech run wild...

Thought Police... Why Europe is a pathetic shell of what she once was. 

I'm American. Europe's a shell because the Empires have fallen and the East is having to rejoin the wider world after the iron curtain. Honestly I'd have more concerns with the Eastern Europeans than the Muslims for the future of Europe: Thanks to the Soviets they gained a fondness for radical right wing behaviors, and it is easier to spread Fascism among Europeans than Islam. 

Cubedramirez said:
KrspaceT said:

Confirmation Bias much?

Writing such a statement highlights the commentators total inability of self reflection to the point I am unsure whether or not it's purposely written to incite reactions. 

It's hardly just him. A lot of people can easily point that out, from political commenters to Linkara on Atop the Fourth Wall in his Holy Terror review. The Bible is filled with just as much aggressive commentary as the Qu'aran, if not more. It's just not 'Politically Correct' to point out the bible is nasty. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

They can have him. But I want Mr. Bean and Scary Spice in exchange.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

KrspaceT said:
Aeolus451 said:

The UK needs more.

Neither the UK or Europe have free speech. They have a token version. Normal speech doesn't need protection because it's accepted speech by people in general or by the authorities. Offensive or dissenting  opinion needs protection from the majority or people in charge. The people in charge change therefore what's offensive or dissenting changes.

'Token Version'.

Look, I'm American, and I frankly prefer their version to ours. America has a problem with people being allowed to not only spread genuinely false information, like anti-vaccination and everything involving the conspiracy nonsense that gets Sandy Hook and other school shooting victim parent's harassed, but speech that is just disgusting. The Westboro Baptist Church, Charlottesville...

'Too Much of a Good thing' is a saying for a reason. Cancer is too many cells going about destructively. That is what American Free Speech is having a problem with, cancerous speech. 

LurkerJ said:

View on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjH5hZYTbQ

It's not like I am a fan of Lauren, but the only reason what she did is considered hate speech is because a bunch of babies cried, and that's the problem with banning hate speech, you will mostly end up banning speech that offends a loud, but not necessarily reasonable, group of people, regardless of how offensive the content of the speech objectively is. 

Those same people who were protesting her have no problems teach their kids that apostasy and being gay are punishable by death, but since those verses are called Quran and Hadith, we are asked to accept the fact that it is being taught everywhere in the UK. Indeed, some Christians are as cancerous but they're a vanishing breed in comparison, and we don't seem to care if we offend them or not, the same can not be said about Muslims proliferating all over Europe and receiving preferential treatment because they're a "minority". 

Christians are hardly any better. Try the same things here you might with ones died in the wool as much as these Muslims, and frankly both are fairly small amounts. Of course there are more Christians so the small amount is larger. 

'Proliferating'. Really? What are they to you, feral pigeons? 

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Exactly. And this is what makes Islam a very dangerous cancer on the surface of the earth, their murderous intolerance. I won't defend religion in general but this one religion is particularly intolerant. Christianity was probably the same a few centuries back but with the evolution of western society, Christianity has changed, with the exception of some parts of the world like in the southern United States where you can still find Christian nuts...

The only thing I can do is hope that with the passing of time, years, generations, they too will exit their "dark age" of religion and live out their lives without making islam the very center of their universe but that will take a lot of time and there will be much more blood spilled in the name of their ignorant beliefs. But yeah, that's humanity for you.

As for that video, it's shocking to see how freedom of speech means so little in the UK when you disagree with islam. They might be very critic of Trump and I'm not saying they are all wrong about that but this lack of freedom of speech is the opposite extreme.

Most Muslims aren't as aggressive as people paint them. You have extremists, just like Christianity. People just advertise the Muslim ones more.

Cubedramirez said:

Free Speech run wild...

Thought Police... Why Europe is a pathetic shell of what she once was. 

I'm American. Europe's a shell because the Empires have fallen and the East is having to rejoin the wider world after the iron curtain. Honestly I'd have more concerns with the Eastern Europeans than the Muslims for the future of Europe: Thanks to the Soviets they gained a fondness for radical right wing behaviors, and it is easier to spread Fascism among Europeans than Islam. 

Cubedramirez said:

Confirmation Bias much?

It's hardly just him. A lot of people can easily point that out, from political commenters to Linkara on Atop the Fourth Wall in his Holy Terror review. The Bible is filled with just as much aggressive commentary as the Qu'aran, if not more. It's just not 'Politically Correct' to point out the bible is nasty. 

So very true! But what's funny is that people will never see the wrongs as it pertains to "their side". So much of the bible is contradictory and aggressive but people who are Christian look past it because it's their chosen cult. Religion is the most divisive thing on earth and they all out up a front of inclusion. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Lol Foreigners trying to leech onto Americans again.

SpokenTruth said:
30,000? Who counted this? Trump's Inauguration team? That looks like 300 at best.

Or you mean how it was reported that 800,000 people marched in the "March for our LIves", when it was actually only 200,000?

And how only like 10% of them were kids, most were adults.

SpokenTruth said:
30,000? Who counted this? Trump's Inauguration team? That looks like 300 at best.

I would guess Fox news did the counting...