By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 30,000 Britons Demand Trump

KrspaceT said:
Aeolus451 said:
I'm surprised that they weren't charged with hate speech or something like that.

These countries need more right leaning people. Otherwise, they'll just become some totalitarian hellhole where they'll have no liberty.

Brexit, do you not remember that? The country already has a conservative count that can lead to decisions just as  bad, if not more so, than electing Trump. 

And Europe has tougher Hate Speech Laws because, unlike America, Free Speech isn't allowed to run wild. There is an argument to the problems of arresting people for, say, denying the Holocaust or Hieling Hitler, but here's a counter argument: Free Speech in America runs wild enough it is borderline cancerous at times.

Hate speech is subjective. 

A lot of the Quran and Hadith verses are the embodiment of hate speech, why aren't they banned in the Britain? If hate speech isn't allowed, all London Islamic schools should be shut down. 

Around the Network
Green098 said:

I'm not that keen on it (they're all 99% taking the piss btw), but I would like to see the Queen give him a good scolding.

The queen is in absolutely no position to pass judgement on anyone, ever. How many people have suffered, been tortured or murdered by the hands or in the name of this family line throughout time. People enjoy bringing up past crimes these days, so there's no reason why these criminals should get a free pass either.

I'll just point out that Britons are not necessarily British.
As far as I know, the Britons are an entirely different ethnic group from what I assume to be the English in the thumbnail of the video.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

LurkerJ said:
KrspaceT said:

Brexit, do you not remember that? The country already has a conservative count that can lead to decisions just as  bad, if not more so, than electing Trump. 

And Europe has tougher Hate Speech Laws because, unlike America, Free Speech isn't allowed to run wild. There is an argument to the problems of arresting people for, say, denying the Holocaust or Hieling Hitler, but here's a counter argument: Free Speech in America runs wild enough it is borderline cancerous at times.

A lot of the Quran and Hadith verses are the embodiment of hate speech, why aren't they banned in the Britain? If hate speech isn't allowed, all London Islamic schools should be shut down. 

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

The Bible is just as bad, if not worse than the Quar'an. The Qu'aran has a lot nicer things to say about other peoples of the book than the Bible does.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Jicale said:
Green098 said:

I'm not that keen on it (they're all 99% taking the piss btw), but I would like to see the Queen give him a good scolding.

The queen is in absolutely no position to pass judgement on anyone, ever. How many people have suffered, been tortured or murdered by the hands or in the name of this family line throughout time. People enjoy bringing up past crimes these days, so there's no reason why these criminals should get a free pass either.

No clue what stuff happened century's ago at a completely other time has to do with the content and character of the Queen.

If my Great Great Great Grandfather was the cause of the death of someone, you're saying I should be classed as a criminal?

Anyway it was joke, the Queen actually does not give much judgement and remains impartial as possible at anything politics. She definitely has her own political views but she doesn't make them public.

Last edited by Green098 - on 06 April 2018

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Aeolus451 said:
I'm surprised that they weren't charged with hate speech or something like that.

These countries need more right leaning people. Otherwise, they'll just become some totalitarian hellhole where they'll have no liberty.

The UK needs more.

Neither the UK or Europe have free speech. They have a token version. Normal speech doesn't need protection because it's accepted speech by people in general or by the authorities. Offensive or dissenting  opinion needs protection from the majority or people in charge. The people in charge change therefore what's offensive or dissenting changes.

KrspaceT said:
LurkerJ said:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

The Bible is just as bad, if not worse than the Quar'an. The Qu'aran has a lot nicer things to say about other peoples of the book than the Bible does.

Indeed. No disagreement there. However, I can make fun of Jesus all day and it will be just like any other day. If I do the same to Muhammad, his psychopathic lovers will throw a tantrum and try to shut me down one way or another. 

View on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjH5hZYTbQ

It's not like I am a fan of Lauren, but the only reason what she did is considered hate speech is because a bunch of babies cried, and that's the problem with banning hate speech, you will mostly end up banning speech that offends a loud, but not necessarily reasonable, group of people, regardless of how offensive the content of the speech objectively is. 

Those same people who were protesting her have no problems teach their kids that apostasy and being gay are punishable by death, but since those verses are called Quran and Hadith, we are asked to accept the fact that it is being taught everywhere in the UK. Indeed, some Christians are as cancerous but they're a vanishing breed in comparison, and we don't seem to care if we offend them or not, the same can not be said about Muslims proliferating all over Europe and receiving preferential treatment because they're a "minority". 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 06 April 2018

LurkerJ said:

Indeed. No disagreement there. However, I can make fun of Jesus all day and it will be just like any other day. If I do the same to Muhammad, his psychopathic lovers will throw a tantrum and try to shut me down one way or another. 

Exactly. And this is what makes Islam a very dangerous cancer on the surface of the earth, their murderous intolerance. I won't defend religion in general but this one religion is particularly intolerant. Christianity was probably the same a few centuries back but with the evolution of western society, Christianity has changed, with the exception of some parts of the world like in the southern United States where you can still find Christian nuts...

The only thing I can do is hope that with the passing of time, years, generations, they too will exit their "dark age" of religion and live out their lives without making islam the very center of their universe but that will take a lot of time and there will be much more blood spilled in the name of their ignorant beliefs. But yeah, that's humanity for you.

As for that video, it's shocking to see how freedom of speech means so little in the UK when you disagree with islam. They might be very critic of Trump and I'm not saying they are all wrong about that but this lack of freedom of speech is the opposite extreme.

KrspaceT said:
Aeolus451 said:

Free Speech run wild...

Thought Police... Why Europe is a pathetic shell of what she once was. 

CrazyGamer2017 said:
LurkerJ said:

Exactly. And this is what makes Islam a very dangerous cancer on the surface of the earth, their murderous intolerance. I won't defend religion in general but this one religion is particularly intolerant. Christianity was probably the same a few centuries back but with the evolution of western society, Christianity has changed, with the exception of some parts of the world like in the southern United States where you can still find Christian nuts...

The only thing I can do is hope that with the passing of time, years, generations, they too will exit their "dark age" of religion and live out their lives without making islam the very center of their universe but that will take a lot of time and there will be much more blood spilled in the name of their ignorant beliefs. But yeah, that's humanity for you.

As for that video, it's shocking to see how freedom of speech means so little in the UK when you disagree with islam. They might be very critic of Trump and I'm not saying they are all wrong about that but this lack of freedom of speech is the opposite extreme.

You know what else is disturbing? We basically banned her for saying Allah is Gay. Is calling someone or something gay an insult?

I believe being gay is a normal state of being, the majority of the British people believe just as much. Gay is merely an adjective, a description, not a freaking insult!

Why is the liberal media not making a fuss about this? The UK has just banned a woman for describing Allah with the word "gay", what kind of message does that send to our LGBT community? Is Muslims' feelings are more important?