By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XB1: Spyro Reignited Releases Sept 21

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

There's an easy way to show that Spyro is more demanding than Wolfenstein 2.

Spyro runs at 30fps on PS4. Wolfenstein 2 runs at 60fps on PS4.

Case closed.

Very bad argument, Crash also runs at 30 FPS on PS4, are you saying that Crash is also that demanding that PS4 cant handle Crash at 60 FPS!? :D

Yes exactly what I'm saying.... And no it's not a very bad argument, it's a fool proof one. Whether it's the engine used or simply the target they aimed for or poor optimization its irrelevant, the final product is more demanding because it has lower performance on the same hardware.

If the PS4 could run crash at 60fps it would be running at 60fps. Infact the original reveal trailer for crash WAS running at 60fps, then they updated various aspects of the graphics such as water and chose to lower the target framerate to 30.

If something runs at a lower framerate it is more demanding, regardless of the reason behind it.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Very bad argument, Crash also runs at 30 FPS on PS4, are you saying that Crash is also that demanding that PS4 cant handle Crash at 60 FPS!? :D

Yes exactly what I'm saying.... And no it's not a very bad argument, it's a fool proof one. Whether it's the engine used or simply the target they aimed for or poor optimization its irrelevant, the final product is more demanding because it has lower performance on the same hardware.

If the PS4 could run crash at 60fps it would be running at 60fps. Infact the original reveal trailer for crash WAS running at 60fps, then they updated various aspects of the graphics such as water and chose to lower the target framerate to 30.

You can see how much same game is demanding based on if they are using cartoonish graphics, fidelity, number of enemies and NPCs, whats going on screen, effects...and games like Skyrim, LA Noire, Wolfenstein 2 definatly look more demanding than Spyro.

Are you trying to tell that PS4 hardware couldnt handle something basic like Crash at 60 FPS!? Thats crazy, offcourse PS4 could easily handle Crash (totaly linear 3D platformer) and 60fps, fact that runs at 30FPS that doesn't automatically means that PS4 couldn't handle 60fps.

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

You can see how much same game is demanding based on if they are using cartoonish graphics, fidelity, number of enemies and NPCs, whats going on screen, effects...and games like Skyrim, LA Noire, Wolfenstein 2 definatly look more demanding than Spyro.

Are you trying to tell that PS4 hardware couldnt handle something basic like Crash at 60 FPS!? Thats crazy, offcourse PS4 could easily handle Crash (totaly linear 3D platformer) and 60fps, fact that runs at 30FPS that doesn't automatically means that PS4 couldn't handle 60fps.

Youre confusing potential performance and actual performance. Whateveryou think is possible is irrelevant, whatever "looks" demanding is irrelevant.

How "demanding" a game is comes down to one simple rule, how well can it run with this amount of power.

Crash runs at 30, Spyro runs at 30, Wolfenstein 2 runs at 60. The only possible exception is if for some insane reason the game is locked to 30 but if the framerate was unlocked it would hit 60+, an occurrence that should never happen.

You can speculate all you want on what is possible, how well it COULD run, that with some work it COULD run at 60fps, that if it was optimized properly it COULD be less demanding than Wolfenstein 2. But at this time, with the current build, engjne, programming, crash IS more demanding than Wolfenstein 2, because it doesn't run as well on the same hardware.

Pacman could be more demanding, it'd be a fucking joke, but if it needed more power to run because of God awful development, it'd be a more demanding game.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Youre confusing potential performance and actual performance. Whateveryou think is possible is irrelevant, whatever "looks" demanding is irrelevant.

How "demanding" a game is comes down to one simple rule, how well can it run with this amount of power.

Crash runs at 30, Spyro runs at 30, Wolfenstein 2 runs at 60. The only possible exception is if for some insane reason the game is locked to 30 but if the framerate was unlocked it would hit 60+, an occurrence that should never happen.

You can speculate all you want on what is possible, how well it COULD run, that with some work it COULD run at 60fps, that if it was optimized properly it COULD be less demanding than Wolfenstein 2. But at this time, with the current build, engjne, programming, crash IS more demanding than Wolfenstein 2, because it doesn't run as well on the same hardware.

Pacman could be more demanding, it'd be a fucking joke, but if it needed more power to run because of God awful development, it'd be a more demanding game.

Sry, but I cant take you serious any more, after saying that Crash is more demanding than Wolfenstein 2, like I wrote fact that Crash runs at 30FPS that doesn't automatically means that PS4 couldn't handle it at 60fps.

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Sry, but I cant take you serious any more, after saying that Crash is more demanding than Wolfenstein 2, like I wrote fact that Crash runs at 30FPS that doesn't automatically means that PS4 couldn't handle it at 60fps.

Did you even read my post? No it doesn't mean PS4 COULDNT handle it at 60fps with additional work to get it there. But as it stands it DOESNT run it at 60fps, so the current build IS more demanding, because with the same power it performs worse.

But I guess completely ignoring what I wrote and repeating yourself is an easy out.

You've bolded a completely factual, indisputable statement, not sure why you have an issue understanding. If it needs more power to run at the same level it's more demanding. Easy.

Last edited by Barkley - on 06 April 2018

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Did you even read my post? No it doesn't mean PS4 COULDNT handle it at 60fps with additional work to get it there. But as it stands it DOESNT run it at 60fps, so the current build IS more demanding, because with the same power it performs worse.

But I guess completely ignoring what I wrote and repeating yourself is an easy out.

I did, and I disagree, you cant know that, maybe they want from start that game run at 30fps and 60fps would require more effort.

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

I did, and I disagree, you cant know that, maybe they want from start that game run at 30fps and 60fps would require more effort.

Mate I've already said this about "effort". Again you're confusing potential performance, with the performance of the game they actually made.

If it's due to poor development, low effort, engine differences, bad optimization. Whatever the reason it runs at a lower framerate is irrelevant. The game, that is on the disc, runs worse, with the same power.

It does not matter, what the genre is, the level design, the number of enemies. None of that matters, we have the game, we know the power it uses and the framerate it runs at.

We have the product, we know what it's running on, we know how well it runs. Boom that's it, that's how demanding it is. It's potential to change doesn't change what it is now.

W2w2dfaaaaahhhhhhhhtttttuufufhfhfhrhehehhdhdhdhddhhfjjggjkgkgkrkensnsndkococpfkfbt

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

W2w2dfaaaaahhhhhhhhtttttuufufhfhfhrhehehhdhdhdhddhhfjjggjkgkgkrkensnsndkococpfkfbt

is it bad this made me GLSG.

*imagines Barkley facerolling the keyboard*

Oh boy, this is going to be so cool!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Mate I've already said this about "effort". Again you're confusing potential performance, with the performance of the game they actually made.

If it's due to poor development, low effort, engine differences, bad optimization. Whatever the reason it runs at a lower framerate is irrelevant. The game, that is on the disc, runs worse, with the same power.

It does not matter, what the genre is, the level design, the number of enemies. None of that matters, we have the game, we know the power it uses and the framerate it runs at.

We have the product, we know what it's running on, we know how well it runs. Boom that's it, that's how demanding it is. It's potential to change doesn't change what it is now.

Summarizing your point, Horizon ZD on PS4Pro looks like it is more demanding than original tetris, but if the PS4 version of Tetris run sub 30fps sub 1080p with stuttering on PS4Pro then it's demanding more resources even if because the dev is a lousy one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."