By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XB1: Spyro Reignited Releases Sept 21

Miyamotoo said:
Xen said:

While I am not saying that the NSW can't run Spyro (it certainly can), the game looks a heap better than any of those three.

Its not point about whats look better but what's more demanding, Spyro don't look at all demanding, even in worst case it could run at 720p on Switch.

So, even if I'd give you Doom (which had to take a lot of concessions), games that existed on 7th gen like Skyrim/LA Noire... yeah, no. 

Around the Network

still no release date for the switch version. if it comes out on the same day as ps4 and xbox version i will buy the switch version only if theres no major downgrade

Xen said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its not point about whats look better but what's more demanding, Spyro don't look at all demanding, even in worst case it could run at 720p on Switch.

So, even if I'd give you Doom (which had to take a lot of concessions), games that existed on 7th gen like Skyrim/LA Noire... yeah, no. 

Just look at this: https://youtu.be/sP8HPJLMSag

SKMBlake said:
Xen said:

Just look at this: https://youtu.be/sP8HPJLMSag

And I am supposed to be impressed why? Because it's a typical PS4 game running on lesser hardware (with obvious framerate stutter and no real way to assess quality, as it is of screen, going against your point).

I never said that NSW can't run Spyro. I just said that Doom etc look less demanding, especially with the concessions NSW Doom had to take.

nice i loved the spyro games on ps1. As for switch version I'm sure one is coming. Nintendo probably wants to announce it themselves in a direct

Around the Network
Xen said:

it's a typical PS4 game running on lesser hardware (with obvious framerate stutter and no real way to assess quality, as it is of screen, going against your point).

Yeah, of course if you watch the video eyes closed, there is no reasons to be impressed. Even off screen, the game looks way better than Doom, explaining why Bethesda is confident enough to show the game on a big screen instead of just the portable version like they did with Doom.

Xen said:
Miyamotoo said:

All those games look more demanding than Spyro, especially Wolfenstein 2.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Miyamotoo said:
Xen said:

All those games look more demanding than Spyro, especially Wolfenstein 2.

"instead of explaining how they are more demanding, I will simply reiterate my original argument".

Interested in this, never played these games before and they seem like something I'd have fun with.