By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Added PS4 SKUs. As there are a variety of them, just used the highest of the bunch

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Yes that is true

And that's why posters should stop believing switch is winning because it only has 2 sku's doing well.

Edit: Jesus god of war sold out again. Nothing stops this train. Can't wait for April npd. Hopefully Sony make a press release with first week sales this Friday although they may wait until Monday to give a 10 day update. 

Well that of course depends on how much better they are doing. If for instance both SKU are in the Top 10 but no other console to be seen in the Top 50, I think assuming Switch would win wouldn't be a bad guess

nero said:

Added PS4 SKUs. As there are a variety of them, just used the highest of the bunch

Give Donkey a little more love, Italy

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Maybe this is too early and I'm overreacting a bit, but judging by Amazon, South Park looks like a flop on Switch. The game did not receive enough publicity and it has come out at full price while on the other platforms it is already reduced in price, it does not help much either. Maybe this is asking a lot but third parties should offer some additional content to these late ports (include DLC, some small discounts, etc) to make them a little more attractive or try to get the game at the same time as in the others platforms. Ubisoft is likely to draw erroneous conclusions from South Park sales without understanding the actual circumstances.

Give Switch a fair "competition" and you will see better sales in third party games.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 27 April 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

alejollorente10 said:

Maybe this is too early and I'm overreacting a bit, but judging by Amazon, South Park looks like a flop on Switch. The game did not receive enough publicity and it has come out at full price while on the other platforms it is already reduced in price, it does not help much either. Maybe this is asking a lot but third parties should offer some additional content to these late ports (include DLC, some small discounts, etc) to make them a little more attractive or try to get the game at the same time as in the others platforms. Ubisoft is likely to draw erroneous conclusions from South Park sales without understanding the actual circumstances.

Give Switch a fair "competition" and you will see better sales in third party games.

Is it just the base game? Because the (european) eShop has additionally a version with loads of DLC included. Sure it's more expensive, but it more than makes up with it's additional content, which would cost quite a bit more if bought separately. So naturally that would be the version I would buy, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this

Around the Network

JRPGfan said:
pitzy272 said:

I was just going to post the same thing. It’s past pathetic at this point. They’re sold out of the slim 1tb AND 500GB, as well as 5 of the 6 SKUs for GoW—all except the digital deluxe version. 

Hope its not hurting sales of PS4 or GoW... too much, but yeah it sucks.

I think it is, tho moreso for the ps4 probably than GoW. GoW you can just buy digitally if it’s sold out online.

Also, the ps4 pro is now sold out, too. It’s laughable at this point. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 27 April 2018

It seems people don't care $60 price.

South Park is pretty much the opposite aesthetic and content that the Nintendo crowd typically goes for. The $60 price is due to cartridge costs and the convenience to have the game in a portable form.

Glad to see DKCTF doing well. Hope it ships at least 1m on the first quarter.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won