By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 March 2018

Switch is one week from being above Vita. At least on VgChartz (I don't trust these Vita numbers that much).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Nice yet another good week for all 3 consoles! Everything is looking quite good!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Trumpstyle said:

Two things I noticed:

1. Vgchartz is probably overtracking total Switch sales by about 1-1.5 millions.

2. From what we know about march ndp, ps4 will cross nintendo switch, vgchartz have them very close.

Let's see what happens.

Two things

1. What are you basing this on? I would not be surprised at all if its overtracked but its likely only by a few 100k.

2. From what we know about March NPD? What do we know about March NPD?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Trumpstyle said:

Two things I noticed:

1. Vgchartz is probably overtracking total Switch sales by about 1-1.5 millions.

2. From what we know about march ndp, ps4 will cross nintendo switch, vgchartz have them very close.

Let's see what happens.

Two things

1. What are you basing this on? I would not be surprised at all if its overtracked but its likely only by a few 100k.

1. WW sales numbers for december is 4+ million at Vgchartz, I suspect the true number is about 3-3.3 million. I base this on 10 million units sold at 10 december that nintendo reported. Nintendo also said they had sold 13 million nintendo switch on 1 feb, there has been some debate on which date this number reflect on as nintendo was a little vague about it, but I just take it as 1 feb and don't try to over analyze it.

2. We can see this from amazon monthly sales chart. On february the switch crossed ps4 according to amazons chart, but they lost feb ndp. For March, switch barely won over ps4. So I'm guessing that ps4 will cross nintendo switch on march ndp. 

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:
zorg1000 said:

Two things

1. WW sales numbers for december is 4+ million at Vgchartz, I suspect the true number is about 3-3.3 million. I base this on 10 million units sold at 10 december that nintendo reported. Nintendo also said they had sold 13 million nintendo switch on 1 feb, there has been some debate on which date this number reflect on as nintendo was a little vague about it, but I just take it as 1 feb and don't try to over analyze it.

2. We can see this from amazon monthly sales chart. On february the switch crossed ps4 according to amazons chart, but they lost feb ndp. For March, switch barely won over ps4. So I'm guessing that ps4 will cross nintendo switch on march ndp. 

There is some debate over the exact date those sales are up to, its either Dec 31 or Jan 21, but they said OVER 13 million and that number was not including Latin America or Asia (with the exception of Japan).

Idk why people feel the need to completely disregard these points because they are absolutely relevent, Switch is overtracked by a 500k at the absolute most.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Switch sales in 2017 were at 5.94 million in the Americas alone.

Yet, if i'am not mistaken, VGC have it at less than 5 million.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/306316-nintendo-talks-consumer-reaction-to-switch-importance-of-zelda-a

People talking about the PS4 losing ground but for it to still be selling this well 5 years later is a feat in and of itself. Not to mention every so often the console gets a new game that shifts consoles. I never expected it to still be outselling Switch week by week.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Argoniel said:
Switch sales in 2017 were at 5.94 million in the Americas alone.

Yet, if i'am not mistaken, VGC have it at less than 5 million.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/306316-nintendo-talks-consumer-reaction-to-switch-importance-of-zelda-a

Youre comparing different things, shipped in Americas vs sold in USA.

Nintendo shipped 5.94 million in Americas (United States, Canada & Latin America) while it sold 4.88 million in just the United States in 2017.

FentonCrackshell said:
People talking about the PS4 losing ground but for it to still be selling this well 5 years later is a feat in and of itself. Not to mention every so often the console gets a new game that shifts consoles. I never expected it to still be outselling Switch week by week.

Ya its definitely not losing ground, being only slightly down YOY in year 5 is impressive.

Overall i expect 2018 sales to fall back to 2015/2016 levels, about 17-18 million, which are excellent sales.

PS4 first, NS close second, XBOne distant third, but selling quite decently for the period, good situation overall.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!