By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 March 2018

i love xbox 360 said:
MasterThief said:

it will be the biggest GoW financially for sure.  Spiderman will also be big because Marvel is involved in this. 

and people really like spiderman in the states for some reason. I mean I like spiderman but not the biggest fan. would rather have a TMNT game or a new batman game personally. 

GoW 4 looks great, day one purchase for me and Iv never played any of the first three either !

I played 1-2, and ghost of sparta and the other PSP one.

I have 2 and ascension will play them soon. generally speaking people say the third one is the best. well see. the PSP ones were my favorite. 

but. this new story will be isolated. so it doesn't matter as much if you played the games or not and it won't spoil much for you. tho pretty much everyone knows the story. he just kills everyone in greece . but yeah they were all great games I don't think I got bored playing any god of war game. 

Around the Network

OK, let's see..

PS4: Yeah, I think it is time for a price cut.  But unlike most people, I think a $50 dollars cut would be more than enough for this year.

NS: Looks like I was wrong and it is going to end up being up YoY after all.

X1: These numbers look almost too good to be true.  If they are indeed true then it looks like this is gonna be X1's best year so far.  

3DS:  This thing is in dire need of a price cut.  I think the N3DS XL has been $200 for way too long.

PwerlvlAmy said:
switch is just slacking in europe

It literally has the same percent of marketshare in Europe as it does in America this week.

America

PS4, ~34%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~31%

Europe

PS4, ~50%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~16%

The difference just the split in popularity between PS4 & XBO in Europe compared to America.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
switch is just slacking in europe

It literally has the same percent of marketshare in Europe as it does in America this week.

America

PS4, ~34%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~31%

Europe

PS4, ~50%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~16%

The difference just the split in popularity between PS4 & XBO in Europe compared to America.

yeah being within 1k in the U.S. of PS4 and behind like 40k+ in EU makes it seem like the difference is much bigger

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

chakkra said: 

3DS:  This thing is in dire need of a price cut.  I think the N3DS XL has been $200 for way too long.

I actually think they are planning on phasing out the N3DS XL and just keeping 2DS ($79) & N2DS ($149) on the market.

Its in its 8th year and isnt recieving huge games anymore so i think they are happy with it selling ~50k/week.

I think they can pull off one more solid holiday by offering some nice special edition bundles and possibly having N2DS at $99 on black friday.

After that i expect software support to be essentially non-existent, sales to plummet and be discontinued in 2019.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
zorg1000 said:

America

PS4, ~34%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~31%

Europe

PS4, ~50%

NSW, ~34%

XBO, ~16%

yeah being within 1k in the U.S. of PS4 and behind like 40k+ in EU makes it seem like the difference is much bigger

Yeah i know what you mean, but like i said it just comes down to the split of the console twins.

For the average western gamer (shooter/open world/sports fans) PS4 & XBO are largely interchangeable. In America the Playstation & Xbox brands are very competitive while in Europe Playstation is the overwhelming favorite.

Basically its like this

PS4, NA-really good, EU-amazing

NSW, NA-really good, EU-really good

XBO, NA-really good, EU-mediocre

Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

I think PS4 takes it in the US for March.
see : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235297&page=1

April with God of War, should be a PS4 win too.

A tool to try  predicting an outcome. Doesn't mean it'll work.
Does it contain brick & motar sales too ?

Its only online stores I think.... but its a more complete picture than just amazon.

SKMBlake said:
Over 16 millions Switch sold by the end of the fiscal year, that's pretty neat.

Who would've thought. Not that long ago, 14 mil by the end of FY sounded insane. 

Two things I noticed:

1. Vgchartz is probably overtracking total Switch sales by about 1-1.5 millions.

2. From what we know about march ndp, ps4 will cross nintendo switch, vgchartz has them very close.

Let's see what happens.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 04 April 2018

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Kristof81 said:
SKMBlake said:
Over 16 millions Switch sold by the end of the fiscal year, that's pretty neat.

Who would've thought. Not that long ago, 14 mil by the end of FY sounded insane. 

Honnestly, I knew the Switch would be a success and wouldn't fail like the Wii U. I don't think they're going to sell 25-30 millions from now to march 2019 though. More like another 15 millions, close to the Xbox One.