By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 March 2018

Mar1217 said:
Can't wait for that next NPD. Still think the Switch did better numbers in March than others.

Otherwise, PS4 and Switch rocking worldwide as usual and Xbone tagging along .... far away.

I think PS4 takes it in the US for March.
see : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235297&page=1

April with God of War, should be a PS4 win too.

Around the Network

It's great that the Switch has maintained 200k+ per week every week in 2018 so far, certainly ain't dropping off a cliff like some thought, but at the same time it's kinda boring seeing the same thing every week lel. Really hope Labo takes off to make the charts more exciting. Detective Pikachu didn't do much for 3DS it seems. Well no worrys, surely yet another Mario & Luigi game releasing next year will save it!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
It's great that the Switch has maintained 200k+ per week every week in 2018 so far, certainly ain't dropping off a cliff like some thought, but at the same time it's kinda boring seeing the same thing every week lel. Really hope Labo takes off to make the charts more exciting. Detective Pikachu didn't do much for 3DS it seems. Well no worrys, surely yet another Mario & Luigi game releasing next year will save it!

Who thought it would drop off??? haha were there people that actually thought that? I mean outside the doom and gloom anti-Nintendo people?It was supply constrained for most of last year and had the second best first year of any gaming system in history, how does that equal dropping off the following year?

Yeah it's selling like juuuust under 1 million a month despite this being a very slow year software-wise for Switch (at least in terms of system sellers) after the packed Zelda-MK-Splatoon-Mario year last year. There is no software to really drive sales since Mario came out half a year ago, so Switch numbers are very good considering that. A million a month with zero system sellers for months is great sales, Nintendo just better start bringing their A game come the second half of the year.

All this talk of PS4 needing a price drop, 3DS is the one that needs it if they want to make a push for 80m.

JRPGfan said:
PS4 is should squeek by with a tiny win in NPD for March if this is right.
it ll probably take April too.

I'm expecting March and April for PS4.

Around the Network

Good to see the Xbox one up around 50% from last year :)

KLAMarine said:
JRPGfan said:
PS4 is should squeek by with a tiny win in NPD for March if this is right.
it ll probably take April too.

probably up until the switch's next release too. because ps4 got a cpl games coming in the next 2-3 months 

MasterThief said:
KLAMarine said:

probably up until the switch's next release too. because ps4 got a cpl games coming in the next 2-3 months 

GoW4 will be big.

KLAMarine said:
MasterThief said:

GoW4 will be big.

it will be the biggest GoW financially for sure.  Spiderman will also be big because Marvel is involved in this. 

and people really like spiderman in the states for some reason. I mean I like spiderman but not the biggest fan. would rather have a TMNT game or a new batman game personally. 

MasterThief said:
KLAMarine said:

GoW4 will be big.

it will be the biggest GoW financially for sure.  Spiderman will also be big because Marvel is involved in this. 

and people really like spiderman in the states for some reason. I mean I like spiderman but not the biggest fan. would rather have a TMNT game or a new batman game personally. 

GoW 4 looks great, day one purchase for me and Iv never played any of the first three either !