By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Mario Tennis Aces sell?

How many units will Mario Tennis Aces sell?

<500k 3 3.45%

500k-1M 9 10.34%

1M-1.5M 21 24.14%

1.5M-2M 23 26.44%

2M-2.5M 17 19.54%

>2.5M 14 16.09%

Total:87
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
radishhead said:

Okay, how about this- let me bump my prediction up to 1.2m, because I don't want to have another prediction loss added to my signature: then if Mario Tennis Aces surpasses that number I'll add

"~~~~ Mario Tennis Aces shot far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the racquet of a Mario Sports Franchise! :0 ~~~~"

(Thanks NintendoPie) to my sig. If it becomes clear it's not surpassing that number, you guys add it?

For how long does each side have to wear it? 

2 months?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:

For how long does each side have to wear it? 

2 months?

Sure! Just to be clear, this is lifetime sales, right?

I choose 1.5-2 Millions, hope it's as good as it looks and it will sell better than that

The game seems pretty fleshed out for a Mario sports game and Switch first-party games are generally selling more than their predecessors, so I think it can pass 2 million.

The ability for the Switch to have local mutliplayer anywhere makes a game like Mario Tennis Aces way more enticing than it would be on a standard console. Add in motion controls to grab a bit of the Wii Sports crowd and I think Aces will end up being the best selling Mario Tennis game as long as Camelot makes a good game.

Around the Network
radishhead said:

2 months?

Sure! Just to be clear, this is lifetime sales, right?

Yup! I'm genuinely not convinced at all of this title's potential when compared to historical sales for Mario Tennis.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Two and a quarter mil I'll wager. There's a bunch of factors in it's favor this time around:
* No Wii Sports to overshadow it with a tennis title literally everyone owns.
* Motion controls are back
* Story mode is back
* Contents looks like game will have more than any of the other recent titles
* Gameplay seems to be refined, offering a balanced system, while offering the vanilla mode as well
* Advertising seems to be significantly improved over other recent entries. (Anecdotally, this is the first one I've heard about before release, and I've been around since it started.)
* Lack of titles to compete for the casual crowd.
* On a system that's designed for multiplayer (As opposed to GBC,GBA,3DS)

Mar1217 said:
Cobretti2 said:
0.5M if its an empty shell of a game like Ultra was on WiiU.

In needs to have the same features as a real tennis game, i.e. save progress of matches, sets, tournaments, records, title wins etc.. maybe a career mode equivalent but that I can live without

It's not supposed to be Top Spin,

I really miss that series, Top Spin 2 was the primary reason I bought an X360 to play online matches. Fun days

About 1 million physical copies.

1.5 million