By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level-5 CEO: All future main titles to be released for Switch, and more.

Sunstrider said:
Podings said:
In the great Switch tradition of ports, remasters, and blasts from the past, let's have Level 5 bring back the Dark Chronicle games. Pretty sure they will be news to this crop of Nintendo players. :)

This, loved Dark Cloud 2, not so much the first and hope for a Rogue Galaxy remaster/remake.

Those are Sony IPs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Sunstrider said:

This, loved Dark Cloud 2, not so much the first and hope for a Rogue Galaxy remaster/remake.

Those are Sony IPs.

So, unless those don't count as major releases, I guess we're never seeing future instalments of those.

Signalstar said:
Sunstrider said:

Those are Sony IPs.

Yup.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I don't see what difference producing games for a 23 million selling 3DS will change to a multi-million selling Switch in Japan. Switch development doesn't mean IP expansion. They really need to focus on westward expansion of their IPs as their current portfolio is in decline in Japan.

What else are they going to do? Half of their catalogue are multimedia IP's aimed at Japanese children. They dont a choice in the matter. They fucked themselves.

Around the Network

smart move on their part

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Train wreck said:

I don't see what difference producing games for a 23 million selling 3DS will change to a multi-million selling Switch in Japan. Switch development doesn't mean IP expansion. They really need to focus on westward expansion of their IPs as their current portfolio is in decline in Japan.

The Switch can easily outperform the 3DS in the West. There's your "westward expansion."

Not to mention, L5's IP decline in Japan is due to their own stupidity and mismanagement of those franchises, not due to whatever platform it's on.

Sunstrider said:
Now this sounds like fun, only Level-5 game I bought for my 3DS was Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, never touched the 3DS for years now, now if they port all their 3DS games(and some from other platforms if possible) on the Switch, it will really be a great move.

Since this is the year of ports, I would love to see a flood of 3DS games ported with a bit higher textures.  So many buys I would make.

NintendoPie said:
Train wreck said:

The Switch can easily outperform the 3DS in the West. There's your "westward expansion."

Not to mention, L5's IP decline in Japan is due to their own stupidity and mismanagement of those franchises, not due to whatever platform it's on.

Not to mention the article mentions nothing about exclusivity.

Some people seem  to believe (or want to believe) "Westward Expansion" will only be successful so long as Nintendo is excluded .

Not a surprise or anything

Click HERE and be happy