By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Mans Sky coming to Xbone July 24th, full MP at launch

It is great that more people get to finally enjoy this game. Even more exciting is this "NEXT" update coming along with it.

I have always thought the backlash for this game was way overblown. I had been following the game since the first VGX Awards reveal. The final product was exactly what they said it would be outside the actual online ability to meet other players to finally see what you even look like. With the Online component they even tried to temper people's expectations as it seemingly was never a very large focus for them.

The lists that were used to flame the game are mostly hyperbole by over assertive fans who interjected more than what was promised. For instance many of the said missing content were stated as "They promised robust hacking".....uh, no they didn't. They said there would be hacking....and there is. "Robust" is subjective assessment of their said hacking. "They said there would be large creatures" and there were from the start, the issue was that the algorithm that made them had most of them looking like cronenberg abominations. They smoothed some of that out in later updates. They did say that they would have realistic planet rotations, but at some point they realized creating such a code in the game was more work than necessary. Planets do have day and night cycles regardless. It is just skybox manipulated now tho. The game always had atmosphere too, it was just in game like form to be digestible. Making planets with no surface doesn't really sound like fun to play in even if it would be realistic. Atmosphere was mostly relegated to weather patterns and radiation levels.

The vitriol around this title was simply insane, death threats and stalking of their studio, to the people buying it even after the fallout just to get on the hate-hype, played it for 60+ hours but then got a refund because they swore they hated it. Seemed super petty to me.

The game was always meant to be Star Trek, but people got it in their head it would be Star Wars.

I love it personally, I have like 100hrs in and I haven't gotten to the center of the universe yet. I took my time in each solar system to just enjoy the scenery, interact with local wildlife, and build commerce. I discovered a planet filled with adorable squishy digimon looking creatures and geeked on that planet for days. Still working on getting my Space Freighter so I can be a big time space tycoon. Defending Space Stations from pirates is also a lot of fun. I am also fairly invested in the background lore of how the universe got to where it is. Plot revolves around sentient species that predate even the main three Clans. My kind of experience.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Not sure if this is good news. I own it on PC and i tried playing it afew weeks ago and still disliked it.

More games to play should always be considered good news, even if you're not particularly interested in said games.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Cool, I was hyped for No Mans Sky when it released but all the negative press it got made me delay purchase to the point I was no longer interested in it. I may pick it up at some point now, if I can get a good deal on it that is.

Proceed with caution...

one of the most over hyped and underdelivered/underwhelming games made. After playing it on release and feeling conned out of my money I certainly won't be being hit a second time. Wondering though for those that stuck it out or bought it later did it substantially improve?