By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega teases new Shining title at Sega Fes 2018

If the art is still by Tony Taka, I'm not interested.

Doubtful I'll be interested in any case, unless Camelot has gone back to it.

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Force!!!!!!

Just say Force please and take all my money

With Sega, it's best to reserve yourself until you actually see it reviewed well. Getting excited over one of their announcements is playing with fire. lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
setsunatenshi said:
Force!!!!!!

Just say Force please and take all my money

With Sega, it's best to reserve yourself until you actually see it reviewed well. Getting excited over one of their announcements is playing with fire. lol

If they deliver a tactical RPG with shining force in the title, it could be reviewed 1/10, i'd still buy it day one :)

Spedfrom said:
If the art is still by Tony Taka, I'm not interested.

Considering the series pretty much exists to sell PVC statues of the female characters and T2 is one of the most famous artists for otaku to spend money on, I'm pretty sure it'll be Tony Taka until the end of the franchise.

setsunatenshi said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If they deliver a tactical RPG with shining force in the title, it could be reviewed 1/10, i'd still buy it day one :)

So you're saying that it could be a horrible game and you'd still buy it? Why? 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
setsunatenshi said:

because the shining force series contains some of my favorite games of all time

because I love tactical rpgs more than probably any other genre

because the last shining force game came out on a saturn, which I and 10 other people actually bought and liked it

because I want more shining force

because I believe a bad shining force game would be better than 90% of the games being made nowadays

because I want to see how a modern take on this series would look like (not a spin off, dungeon crawler or action rpg)

plenty of reasons :)

Xxain said:
Mar1217 said:

Aren't they owned by Nintendo though ?

No.  After a fallout with SEGA they aligned themselves with Nintendo which has lasted to this day. They are the creators of SONY's Hotshot Golf series well.

Clap Hanz makes Hot Shots. Camelot hasn't touched Hot Shots since the PS1 days.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

setsunatenshi said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

because the last shining force game came out on a saturn, which I and 10 other people actually bought and liked it

because I believe a bad shining force game would be better than 90% of the games being made nowadays

because I want to see how a modern take on this series would look like (not a spin off, dungeon crawler or action rpg)

Well, I hope for your sake it happens and you get your wish. I can't say there's any game I would want as much as you want this so, I hope it happens.

Shining force 3 is the best tactical RPG ever made FACT, and probably the best game ever made. We only ever got to play 1 third of the story due to part 2-3 never being professionally localised. Gamingwise, there’s no other game I’d like to play more than a remake of this game.

Last edited by StokedUp - on 06 April 2018

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

AlfredoTurkey said:
setsunatenshi said:

Well, I hope for your sake it happens and you get your wish. I can't say there's any game I would want as much as you want this so, I hope it happens.

thanks buddy :)

hope is all that I've got left for now hahaha