By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega teases new Shining title at Sega Fes 2018

It looks like we may be getting a new Shining game announcement soon according to Shining Resonance Refrain producer, Matoko Suzuki.

Around the Network

Can it be a REAL Shining Force game...like SF 1-3 and CD?

Ljink96 said:

No its going to be a mobile character rubbing game.

BlkPaladin said:
Ljink96 said:

No its going to be a mobile character rubbing game.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Turning classic JRPGS into mobile dumpster fires seems to be the norm these days...or turning it into a Waifu simulator. 

Force!!!!!!

Just say Force please and take all my money

Around the Network

Wow, if they do actually announce it colour me surprised. I wonder if they'll eventually make Phantasy Star V too if this title is real and succeeds.

Still no release date for "Shining Resonance Refrain" right? and their teaseing another game already?

setsunatenshi said:
Force!!!!!!

Just say Force please and take all my money

Shining Resonance Refrain looks awesome though, maybe its a 2nd in the same series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_axZ5FVRo

Every thread

Every thread

Its like the same repeat shit.

The major thing is the budget of these Shining games. They're talking about expanding the Shining series into the west, but its not gonna happen unless they put a litte more money and effort into these. They are using Persona as guild, but even with a low/moderate budget Persona has a lot care put into it. Shining Resonance looks generic as fuck.

Last Shining Game I played was Hearts, and I swear I spent most of my time just playing delivery boy to people in the town who wanted specific pastries.

The Shining series has fallen way way low since its glory days.