By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega teases new Shining title at Sega Fes 2018

JRPGfan said:
setsunatenshi said:
Force!!!!!!

Just say Force please and take all my money

Shining Resonance Refrain looks awesome though, maybe its a 2nd in the same series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_axZ5FVRo

I honestly am only interested in a proper shining tactical RPG... this looks like a tales game, which is whatever, but I'll support it if it means sending the message more Shining is always welcome.

Only wished Camelot was still involved though.

Holding out home that the success the Fire Emblem series has seen in the last few years will give Sega the motivation to try a new Shining Force finally

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
JRPGfan said:

Shining Resonance Refrain looks awesome though, maybe its a 2nd in the same series?

I honestly am only interested in a proper shining tactical RPG... this looks like a tales game, which is whatever, but I'll support it if it means sending the message more Shining is always welcome.

Holding out home that the success the Fire Emblem series has seen in the last few years will give Sega the motivation to try a new Shining Force finally

There is no motivation. This style of Shining is popular in Japan and as we know, Shining has been Japan only series for  ... 10 years now? They're just not going to leave the main audience in dust like that like that. If anything is going to prove to SEGA that we want more classics back is buying the SEGA Genesis Collection. Hopefully, that's on your to buy list.  

setsunatenshi said:
JRPGfan said:

I actually agree with this.
to many RPGs are moveing away from turn based combat, without really doing a good job of makeing it a action game.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 March 2018

Unless it's a Shinig force 4 developed by camelot, or a collection on the original ones (1-3 + CD + game gear ones if they want), then i am not interested.

They fecked up the series so much already that i got zero faith that they can make a good game. At this point, all they can make is anime games with the shining name slapped on it.

They actually made a tactical Shining awhile ago called Shining Blades. It combined elements of classic Shining with Valkyria Chronicles. Other than trying to be more mainstream, I dont see why they dont build on that template. It was a good compromise.

Around the Network

sounds interesting, will see what they show us in april

Shining force 3 remake is pay Triple the price of a game for that. One of my all time favourite games.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Mar1217 said:
Wait. Camelot was the dev for this series ?!

Camelot was created by SEGA as a development team.

Mar1217 said:
Xxain said:

Camelot was created by SEGA as a development team.

Aren't they owned by Nintendo though ?

No.  After a fallout with SEGA they aligned themselves with Nintendo which has lasted to this day. They are the creators of SONY's Hotshot Golf series well.

Nem said:

Unless it's a Shinig force 4 developed by camelot, or a collection on the original ones (1-3 + CD + game gear ones if they want), then i am not interested.

They fecked up the series so much already that i got zero faith that they can make a good game. At this point, all they can make is anime games with the shining name slapped on it.

Yeah, it sounds like a pipedream, but Sega did say they wanted to revive some of their classic IPs, so who knows? 

In any event, Shining Resonance Refrain looks promising, so it does offer that glimmer of hope that whatever Shining game they have cooked up will be good.