By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI coming September 4th to PS4 and Steam - Switch 'much later', no 3DS version

Unless it's a shitty port, I'll almost definitely be getting the PC version. Can't say I'd be too interested in the inferior Switch version unless it ended up being an HD port of the 3DS version somehow. That would be neat. I'd double dip for that.

Around the Network

They really should have brought the 3DS version as is, just with the translated text.

I understand working on a PC version, but the series is on the 3DS. It's a bit silly to skip it.

Valdath said:

Welcome my friend, we've been expecting you.

It's sad because most of these games are a cut above the rest on the 3DS. It's like if Nintendo doesn't step in and publish on their platforms, Square isn't interested. Yet they'd be glad to localize and publish on PS. 

Valdath said:

Honestly dragon quest monster series is the best part of the series. It is shame they don't treat it better.

JRPGfan said:

It woulda been cool to have DQ4 -> 11 playable on the 3DS.

Sadly thats not going to happend, unless some "fan translation" of the japanese 3DS game is in the works.

I think it's very likely there will be a fan translation, not much use to most people unfortunately.

Around the Network

Remember when people said this would be a Switch launch title.

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch version is just confirmed for West also:

As for the Switch version, things are slightly less clear. "We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America," reads Square Enix's statement, "but development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release".

At a Dragon Quest event, a Square Enix PR representative told IGN that the Switch version would definitely not be released in 2018, and could end up being released "much later".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-11-ps4-and-pc-release-date-announced-switch-coming-much-later-no-3ds-version

when i hear technical issues it usually bad news. steep also had technical issues and that game most likely got cancelled . anyways i will not wait and hope so ill just buy the ps4 version

They didnt said "technical issue", "technological standpoint" means Switch version of game runs at different tech/architecture than 3DS/PS4/PC versions of game, they are just prioritising currently PS4 and PC versions of game, they wouldnt just confirmed West release for Switch version of game if they have any plans for cancellation.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch version is just confirmed for West also:

As for the Switch version, things are slightly less clear. "We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America," reads Square Enix's statement, "but development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release".

At a Dragon Quest event, a Square Enix PR representative told IGN that the Switch version would definitely not be released in 2018, and could end up being released "much later".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-11-ps4-and-pc-release-date-announced-switch-coming-much-later-no-3ds-version

Such news is followed a lot by a cancellation in the past. Unless the Switch version is getting new content, it may be futile anyway since most sales will go to the PS4/PC.

Also don't forget that the NS version should just be a weaker version from the PS4 version. Porting should not be that difficult.

We here talking about SE that has long development times and delays regularly, there is no sense to cancel Switch version of game when most liky will sell better than PC version of game, exept that, they just confirmed West release for Switch version of game, there is no sense to do something like that if they have any plans for cancellation.

Valdath said:

"Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3"  +"Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D"  both have 100% done fan translations.

Hero's Rocket Slime 3 + Monsters 2.... yeah afaik theres no project to translate them.

The rythem game doesnt matter (imo) but  the mainline DQ 11 not getting translated kinda sucks.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 March 2018

This is going to get the Monster Hunter treatment, best selling DQ in the west forthcoming.

Ljink96 said:
Valdath said:

It's sad because most of these games are a cut above the rest on the 3DS. It's like if Nintendo doesn't step in and publish on their platforms, Square isn't interested. Yet they'd be glad to localize and publish on PS. 

Slime Mori Mori 3 and Theatrhythm don’t have much to translate either so that makes it even worse.