By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI coming September 4th to PS4 and Steam - Switch 'much later', no 3DS version

People ask me why 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo platforms, I dunno what to tell them.

Oh well... Day 1 on PC it is.

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Ljink96 said:

It's sad because most of these games are a cut above the rest on the 3DS. It's like if Nintendo doesn't step in and publish on their platforms, Square isn't interested. Yet they'd be glad to localize and publish on PS. 

Slime Mori Mori 3 and Theatrhythm don’t have much to translate either so that makes it even worse.

Rocket Slime 3... yeah they shoulda translated that and released in the west.
Same with the Monsters 2.

DQ Theatrhythm = meh its a rythem game.

Valdath said:
Ljink96 said:

It's sad because most of these games are a cut above the rest on the 3DS. It's like if Nintendo doesn't step in and publish on their platforms, Square isn't interested. Yet they'd be glad to localize and publish on PS. 

Slime Mori Mori 3 and Theatrhythm don’t have much to translate either so that makes it even worse.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 doesn't either, although I think a fan translation will come sooner or later.  Still the best DQ Monsters game imo. I really want to play Slime Mori Mori 3 looks interesting as well, loved Rocket Slime. 

JRPGfan said:
Valdath said:

Rocket Slime 3... yeah they shoulda translated that and released in the west.
Same with the Monsters 2.

DQ Theatrhythm = meh its a rythem game.

Sure but i freaking love Sugiyama’s work.

Not enough to import a Japanese 3ds tho :p

Valdath said:
KilleyMc said:

Please don't open old wounds like that.

I'd forgotten that classy Metal Slime 2DS, thanks for that, I hate you.

Around the Network

I'll likely check it out on PS4 if Switch version is going to be that much later.

Kinda disappointed we have to wait more for the Switch version, it was the first game to be announced for the platform back in 2016

Valdath said:
I can't believe they are abandoning the 3DS version, it's the same fucking game, already translated, it's just free money.

And we miss on ANOTHER 3DS Dragon Quest game, must be like the 6th now.

No Switch version yet makes sense, it hasn't even come out on Japan guys.

And the 3DS is region-locked so I can't even just import it and play it that way.

I can undewrstand they cancelling the 3DS localization, but why is taking the Switch version so long to get finished?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Didn't know there was a PC version on the way. Guess that's what I'm buying.

4 ≈ One