By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI coming September 4th to PS4 and Steam - Switch 'much later', no 3DS version

This is some BS. The game is not even that demanding yet they cannot release the Switch version this year? That really sucks because I wanted the portability to get in as much playtime as possible.

Guess I will have to settle for the PS4 version if I can't find anything else to play....

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

A 3DS-release in the west was never going to happen, but the lack of a timely a timely Switch-version is bad. If i ever buy this it will be the Switch-version, no interest in playing this on PS4

That's a major bummer for my wife and I. We love playing the DQ games on our DS and 3DS systems. Switch version is a handheld, so I suppose that will have to do, but until then, I won't be missing out on the game on PS4 or Steam either, depending on which version gets better reviews.

I can't believe they are abandoning the 3DS version, it's the same fucking game, already translated, it's just free money.

And we miss on ANOTHER 3DS Dragon Quest game, must be like the 6th now.

No Switch version yet makes sense, it hasn't even come out on Japan guys.

This sucks, the 3DS version was the best one for me and I was waiting for it. I plan to buy a PS4 to play Valkyria Chronicles 4, but Dragon Quest XI on the other hand is less relevant to me now, I'll probably buy it when it's hit by heavy discounts.

Around the Network

Time to pull out the wallet again. She's taken a hammering this year xD

Glad that the Switch version is coming to west, it'll be later but I can wait.

Pinkie_pie said:
switch version most likely got cancelled. havent heard anything about it since the announcement. i will just buy the ps4 version then.

Switch version is just confirmed for West also:

As for the Switch version, things are slightly less clear. "We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America," reads Square Enix's statement, "but development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release".

At a Dragon Quest event, a Square Enix PR representative told IGN that the Switch version would definitely not be released in 2018, and could end up being released "much later".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-11-ps4-and-pc-release-date-announced-switch-coming-much-later-no-3ds-version

Miyamotoo said:
Pinkie_pie said:
switch version most likely got cancelled. havent heard anything about it since the announcement. i will just buy the ps4 version then.

Switch version is just confirmed for West also:

As for the Switch version, things are slightly less clear. "We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America," reads Square Enix's statement, "but development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release".

At a Dragon Quest event, a Square Enix PR representative told IGN that the Switch version would definitely not be released in 2018, and could end up being released "much later".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-11-ps4-and-pc-release-date-announced-switch-coming-much-later-no-3ds-version

when i hear technical issues it usually bad news. steep also had technical issues and that game most likely got cancelled . anyways i will not wait and hope so ill just buy the ps4 version

Welcome my friend, we've been expecting you.