By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI coming September 4th to PS4 and Steam - Switch 'much later', no 3DS version

arcaneguyver said:
Anyone wondering why DQ11 is taking so long to bring west...Square Enix is putting a ton of work into it. According to PlayStation Access, besides the game being translated into EFIGS (English French Italian German Spanish), the following is being added:
- Voice Acting (Japanese version has no VA) & 'lip syncing.'
- Revamped, more visually appealing menus
- A 'Run' button
- A 'First Person' mode
- A 'Draconian Quest' difficulty mode
- The ability to hide the UI (for Share button picture taking people)

These are some great quality-of-life improvements! Much better than introducing unnecessary game-breaking bugs and a localized text that is extremely different from the original. *cough cough*

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
At this point, Square announcements of games feels like a joke.No release date or even footage of the Switch version is basically a disservice to the fans.But at least the game is comming rather soon to the PS4.Depending on how good the game is and how much it ends up costing for me to pick it up where I am, I will buy it at launch

Which fans? 
If I am a DQ fan I would be more pissed that the 3DS version of DQ will not be localized and that is a disservice to the long time fans that is more interested with the 3DS version. 3DS ver. can let you choose between 2d and 3d which can be a unique experience. 

Anyway, I am also going to defend SE with in regards with the NSW version. 
Take note that DQXI is using Unreal ver. 4.13 and NSW is only compatible with Ver. 4.15. It's a possible that they encountered a problem with porting the game. Also, NSW is using an expensive format. As someone pointed out that DQXI PS4 version is taking 30GB of space. You have to take account that there is still no VA on the Japan version. 
A straight up port from japan version will be stupid because it will be seen as a sup bar version. It leads me to think that they are planning to use a different version for the Switch they could be doing a chibi 3D version but more beautiful and a 2D version. Maybe that is the reason we are not seeing any screenshot for it and there's no 3DS version for the west. 
or Maybe Hori announce it prematurely when NX was announced and they didn't expect that it will be a lot harder porting the DQXI to NSW.

arcaneguyver said:
Anyone wondering why DQ11 is taking so long to bring west...Square Enix is putting a ton of work into it. According to PlayStation Access, besides the game being translated into EFIGS (English French Italian German Spanish), the following is being added:
- A 'Run' button
- A 'First Person' mode

I am glad they are including VA and supporting a lot of languages. It's also cool that they are adding a lot of new features in it. 
I hope this will sells well. We need more traditional JRPG. It's tiresome if all the JRPG are all ARPG. 

I like this news, because the game comes to a platform I own

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

TheWPCTraveler said:
arcaneguyver said:
- A 'Run' button
- A 'First Person' mode

These are some great quality-of-life improvements! Much better than introducing unnecessary game-breaking bugs and a localized text that is extremely different from the original. *cough cough*

I read that and though "wtf do I need a run button, or first person mode" for?
Even the voice acting, Im usually fine with japanese voices if I just have english text (some people actually prefer this way to play games/watch anime).
The "hide UI" button to take pictures, okay thats neat..... revamped menu's? now Im getting scared, why? wasnt it fine in the version the japanese got?

I wish they had just given us a exact replica of the 3DS version, but with english text = the end.
I ll get it on the PS4 instead, but I love collecting series (where you have alot of them) on 1 system, the 3DS had that for DQ (and there is a 3ds version).
Its lazy they didnt translate that version to english.

Great news. I'm jotting it down in my Video Games Release Schedule agenda.
So many great games with this PS4 it's mad!

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
Great news. I'm jotting it down in my Video Games Release Schedule agenda.
So many great games with this PS4 it's mad!

With the way things are looking, you are better off with a nice spreadsheet tbh =P

As the gaming space becomes more and more mature, stating a reason for not owning a game because its not coming to your preferred console becomes more and more silly. Its unfortunate that game announcement threads, especially games not coming immediately/not coming at all to the Nintendo Switch continues to highlight this.

I'll be getting this one for Switch and only Switch...

Eventually.

Not because I'm a boycotter, but because portability makes this the best version, and I've doubledipped on way too many Switch titles this console cycle.

twintail said:
JRPGfan said:

I read that and though "wtf do I need a run button, or first person mode" for?
Even the voice acting, Im usually fine with japanese voices if I just have english text (some people actually prefer this way to play games/watch anime).
The "hide UI" button to take pictures, okay thats neat..... revamped menu's? now Im getting scared, why? wasnt it fine in the version the japanese got?

I wish they had just given us a exact replica of the 3DS version, but with english text = the end.
I ll get it on the PS4 instead, but I love collecting series (where you have alot of them) on 1 system, the 3DS had that for DQ (and there is a 3ds version).
Its lazy they didnt translate that version to english.

There is no JPN VA fwiw

Instead of getting angry over this, I will instead dab on this news as a means of showing disrespect.

*dabs*

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Cerebralbore101 said:
I'll be getting this one for Switch and only Switch...

Eventually.

Not because I'm a boycotter, but because portability makes this the best version, and I've doubledipped on way too many Switch titles this console cycle.

In your opinion.

Others will consider the game being best on their respective platforms in one way or another.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"