By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 March 2018

COKTOE said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

This was a pretty odd comment. What made you say not dominating? Not coming for you or anything it just seemed like a random thing to throw in when no one has anything about it dominating.

Well, it's an entirely accurate assessment. :)

Oh yes without a doubt it  is accurate. Just seemed.......well......pretty random lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

This was a pretty odd comment. What made you say not dominating? Not coming for you or anything it just seemed like a random thing to throw in when no one has anything about it dominating.

PS4 has dominated WW the last 4-5 years, Switch is altering the trajectory a bit. Not sure what's odd about that...

Yeah but that has been the case since the Switch has came out which was a year ago. So to pick this week to say PS4 leading WW but not dominating just seemed......well random. Again especially since no one had said anything about it dominating. Again i was not attacking you or anything it just seemed a little odd to me when I saw it that's all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ArchangelMadzz said:
zorg1000 said:

Still, it doesnt make sense to call 2013 its first year when it was out for like 7 weeks.

Nov 13-Nov 14, year 1

Nov 14-Nov 15, year 2

Nov 15-Nov 16, year 3

Nov 16-Nove 17, year 4

Nov 17-Nov 18, year 5

PS4 is 4 years and 4 months old, this is its 5th year.

I didn't say it's been out for 6 years. I said this is the 6th year it's been out as it's been out in 6 different years. How has this become such a big deal? We're talking about 2 different things.

It isn't in its 6th year. The 6th year will start this november.

TheBlackNaruto said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

PS4 has dominated WW the last 4-5 years, Switch is altering the trajectory a bit. Not sure what's odd about that...

Yeah but that has been the case since the Switch has came out which was a year ago. So to pick this week to say PS4 leading WW but not dominating just seemed......well random. Again especially since no one had said anything about it dominating. Again i was not attacking you or anything it just seemed a little odd to me when I saw it that's all.

I think you're overreacting slightly, but I digress

PS4 is at 77 million now (VGC numbers obviously). Sony planned to ship 78 million ending March 31. They did it.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah.....thats not how that works.

It's the 6th year it's been on the market. I didn't say it has been out for 6 years or even say it's the 6th full year. It's gonna have it's 6th holiday season this year. 

Its not even the 5th full year yet..... dunno how your oqm math works.

Nov 2013- nov 2014= 1yr
Nov 2014-Nov 2015= 2nd yr
Nov 2015-Nov 2016= 3rd yr
Nov 2016-Nov 2017=4th yr

Nov 2018 will be making the 5th year......

So how are yoi doing yours?

Rob5VGC said:
PS4 is at 77 million now (VGC numbers obviously). Sony planned to ship 78 million ending March 31. They did it.

They increased their forcast after last quarters results, they are expecting 79 million now, which they should have no problem reaching.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS4 is likely at 84-88 million when you consider digital.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TheBlackNaruto said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

PS4 has a huge established user-base approaching 80 million compared to 16 million and is consistently outselling the Switch on a month by month basis and at this point we don't know which console will slow first but the gap between them currently is increasing slowly and favouring the ps4. 

However we don't know how Nintendo will pursue sales as the console matures. They pretty much didn't bother with the wii u holding it at a high retail price to the end with a drastic reduction in console sales, a nosedive. Will Nintendo be more aggressive with pricing this time or will they be happy to maintain a very high profit margin but lower hardware sales? Will online charges effect sales? Will nvidia prevent a price reduction? Will a portable hybrid competitor materialise from Sony or Microsoft?

It's going to be interesting to watch it unfold anyway. Currently though it feels like ps4 is dominating but then I am viewing it from a European perspective.

Rob5VGC said:

The forecast is 79 million shipped by end of this fj. Shipping 2.5M in the last quarter.

If we go by vgc numbers, they already sold over 2.8M units this quarter, with two weeks remaining, so there will be some empty shelves at random places here and there by the end of this month.