By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to stop turning their franchises into Uncharted.

Qalandar said:
This is without a doubt the worst hyperbole narrative anti-sone trolls have come up with yet.
Much like the whole "Sony announces games too early" narrative though, it has no truth to it.

I personally think Sony do announce games too early, but that's just me.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I get what you are saying and gotta agree somewhat. I think you're referring to a specific formula. I have a similar stance on Super Hero movies and Marvel movies, same formula used over and over again, I can see how for some it can get tiring or played out

Movie industry is horrible currently imo.
Im not digging everyone doing super hero movies.

To me atleast Sony's exclusives doesnt feel like that.

I agree about movie industry. I can sympathize with the original poster on his thoughts though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I have not once played a Sony game that's not Uncharted and thought to myself saying.."man this feels and looks a lot like Uncharted" lol

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Qalandar said:
This is without a doubt the worst hyperbole narrative anti-sone trolls have come up with yet.
Much like the whole "Sony announces games too early" narrative though, it has no truth to it.

Someone actually did the math on that, and on average MS takes longer to release their games after the first announcement.  Funnily enough, Xbox fans were still using that narrative until someone pointed that out.  I had post in one thread illustrating that exact point.  Here.

Not sure if they did Nintendo or not.  But, I'd imagine they are right around Sony.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I don’t see the similarities between those games.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Someone actually did the math on that, and on average MS takes longer to release their games after the first announcement.  Funnily enough, Xbox fans were still using that narrative until someone pointed that out.  I had post in one thread illustrating that exact point.  Here.

Not sure if they did Nintendo or not.  But, I'd imagine they are right around Sony.

So, then we could just say that both announce games too early then, that doesn't seem to invalidate the claim that Sony announces games too early.

That’s like saying every FPS plays like halo.

I full heartedly agree and am mainly a plystation owner

where are all the cartoony games. japanese rpgs and other wacky games. all of their games are 3rd person action

I mean why does gow need to have that offcentred uncharted camera? just center it its a hack 'n slash game.

thismeintiel said:

Yeah, I'm not saying Sony is worse than Microsoft. In fact, I think I caught on fairly  early on  (at least in comparison to most) that Microsoft was significantly worse in that regard. However, I don't see how that excuses Sony.

I don't know how good or bad Nintendo is on that front. I feel like the Wii U was a case of bad luck, since they had BOTW and I believe one other title that kept getting delayed (?). Still, I would say Nintendo is better, at least as of the Switch.

A little hyperbole, but there is still a bit of truth.
All of them are single player third person over the shoulder story driven games.

Although I would insist they should stick to hat they good at. Let the third parties make the other genres of games.

That being said, they are dropping the ball the ball on grabbing turismo, and GOW definitely looks like Dad of War, starring Joel Kratos.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.