By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to stop turning their franchises into Uncharted.

Azzanation said:
I would agree. I am not a huge fan of action movie games. I tried my hardest to finish Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise. Sure they have different ascetics however they all feel like they are the same games with different skins. I actually enjoyed God of War 1 to 3 aside from Ascension, this new GoW looks like TLOU with an Axe, where TLOU was Uncharted with Zombies and Detroit is Uncharted with Robots, Days Gone is TLOU with a lot more Zombies and Death Stranding is a Sci Fi TLOU. That's how they look to me anyway.
To Sony's credit they found a genre that works for them, on the bad side, not all gamers want a movie experience. I prefer my MMO, tactic, sim games, id rather play games like Into The Breach than Tomb Raider.

Did you fall on your head or something when you were a kid? 

Detroit is uncharted with robots? It's clear you have no idea what either game is and just brand them the same because they have the Sony logo on them, or simply you don't understand or manage to comprehend the differences between games other than the camera angle and the fact that they both have a story. 

Here is a piece of advice, don't say stuff based on your blind brand allegiance because it makes you look foolish. 

Uncharted is a third person action adventure game, with shooting and platforming mechanics to vary the gameplay, with linear progression and story but more open level design. Detroit is a story driven game with limited gameplay options in favour of a branching and completely different story outcomes, where you play with multiple characters. How these two are the same are beyond me... Oh wait yes, they have the same logo on them. Sony. They must be "movies" like you call them

TLoU and Days gone have little in common beyond the setting of a post apocalyptic world with zombie like creators. TLoU is more focused on intimate and slow paced melee with some limited gunplay due to limited amo. It's a linear game, with linear progression. Days Gone is a an open world action game with a focus on on dynamic events, dynamic gameplay and dynamic world design. Where missions can be approached in multiple ways and different tactics. A very different and deliberate difference to TLOU where you have to make due to what you got. But hey, they are both movies anyways. 

I can go on and on about the differences between games but I think I've proven my point rather efficiently.