By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to stop turning their franchises into Uncharted.

Since we're close to GoW's launch, I think it's a great time to go back to this video:

Hirouakan commented on this thread explaining much better what I was trying to say:

"After TLoU and Uncharted, Sony appears to be directing their exclusives towards that style of gritty narrative derivative from those games. Let's face it, God of War was never a franchise about deep storytelling. It was all about combat and simple puzzle solving with some platforming in between. Kratos was just an angry dude and that was it. 

Then there are games like Days Gone which could easily be mistaken for a TLoU spin-off, and all the aforementioned exclusives also show signs of this overly dark, gritty, edgy, atmosphere with a heavy focus on dramatic and "deep" storytelling. I'm not saying these elements are bad, but does every future first party really need to pursue that?

Like was mentioned here, the Marvel movies are a good example. Though they have different settings like Guardians of the Galaxy with its crazy sci-fi, Thor with its Nordic mythology fantasy, and Captain America's political action movie, Black Panther with it's utopic and tribal drama, etc, they all feel the same because of a number of tried-and-true elements that are applied to every single movie. Yes, it's cohesive because they're movies from the same publisher, but it feels tiresome after a while. That's why Logan and Deadpool felt so fresh in comparison. Though they're Marvel movies, being honed by Fox made it easier to ignore the MCU formula and try different things."

Last edited by Lucca - on 25 March 2018

B O I

Around the Network

You know nothing clearly about their games if you think every game is uncharted.

bananaking21 said:
You know nothing clearly about their games if you think every game is uncharted.

Simple gameplay, third person shooter close camera, focus on story, realistic graphics. That's what I mean when I say every game that they are promoting looks like Uncharted.

B O I

Hyperbole if I ever heard any.. smh!
Have u heard about a little game called DREAMS coming out this year!?

The video didn't embed properly.

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
bananaking21 said:

Simple gameplay, third person shooter close camera, focus on story, realistic graphics. That's what I mean when I say every game that they are promoting looks like Uncharted.

vs

and

and

and

yep.... they all look and play the same.... right?

How do you know that they are separate studios without knowing that they are separate studios?

LuccaCardoso1 said:
bananaking21 said:

God of War is not a shooter. God of War has a third person perspective? Fuck, it's the same game. Ohh shit it also has a story? Shit... It's uncanny how similar these games are! 

Are you seriously complaining that Sony have a standard? Which are strong technical games with good stories?

JRPGfan said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

yep.... they all look and play the same.... right?

Should have put some Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne, GT SPORT, Driveclub, Until Dawn and Horizon.

They are all essentially Uncharted rip offs afterall.

I don’t agree that everything is turning into Uncharted. I do, however, agree that they shouldn’t have changed the way God Of War plays. I just hope it’s not another Bomberman Zero. Then again, I read comments to that people are happy with the change and found the old GOW combat boring. To each his own...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!