By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction ps4 will sell 130+mill systems.

Ps4 will end at?

110mill 16 21.92%

120mill 25 34.25%

130mill 18 24.66%

140mill 7 9.59%

It will beat ps2. 7 9.59%

Total:73

Sony has so many options it is rally hard to predict. PS4 could easily surpass the PS2 record one way, or it could struggle to reach 120M, it depends on what they do.

Personally, I hope they release a PS4 Premium next year to sit along side the PS4 Super Slim and PS4 Pro Slim.

I think PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro should drop to $249.99 & $349.99 permanently this holiday.

In 2019 Holiday, I would have;

PS4 Premium - $399.99
PS4 Pro Slim - $299.99
PS4 Super Slim - $199.99

I would bring PS5 out late 2021 or 2022 on 7nm+ AMD parts using Ryzen 3 and Next Gen for the CPU and GPU.

This would allow the PS4 to maximize its sales potential, and allow PS5 to deliver a truly next gen experience.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I'm guessing ps5 comes out in 2020. And ps4 will probably hit 110 million by the time it comes out (low 90s 2018, over 105 2019, <115 when ps5 comes out Fall 2020). But Sony systems always sell for years after the next one comes out, so if it hits 115 million after the 2020 holiday season it should get over 130 million by the time they cancel production a few years later.

130 would be awesome, but my prediction is a bit lower at arround 120 million.

I never count Sony consoles out when it comes to absurd sales numbers simply because they continue to support them for so long even after moving on. If the first three Playstations are any sign, sales aren't going to see too significant a drop-off the moment the PS5 hits the scene.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

If there was any possibility of that happening, by now the rumor mill would be filled with very very specific and accurate information of what the next console will be packing. 

Were there specific and accurate rumors about PS4 back in March 2012?

Yup...... very specific.

Only thing the rumor mill didn't get right was the amount of Ram in the console.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Were there specific and accurate rumors about PS4 back in March 2012?

Yup...... very specific.

Only thing the rumor mill didn't get right was the amount of Ram in the console.

Ok, i personally dont remember the PS4 rumors from back then (except for Orbis) so ill take your word for it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

thismeintiel said:
Intrinsic said:

If there was any possibility of that happening, by now the rumor mill would be filled with very very specific and accurate information of what the next console will be packing. 

We have had a recent rumor that dev kits are already in the hands of 3rd party devs.  Sony seems to be getting stricter recently about leaks, so we may not hear any real details til we are closer to its launch.  Still, even if it doesn't launch in 2019, it will launch in 2020 at the absolute latest.  Sony is not going to give MS the chance of having a 2-3 years head start on them, if MS decides to jump ship on this gen early to get a head start, which helped them with the 360.  At the latest, I expect MS to be ready by 2020 to push out another console. 

A year isn't that big of a deal, but 2-3 is just too much in this day and age.  A few of those who like to adopt tech early may jump ship if the XB2 is powerful enough and has a good price.  And they could possibly get quite a few mid-gen adopters as they will be ready to drop their price as the PS5 launches.  If they are really cutthroat, they would be able to get a $150-$200 price advantage by the time the PS5 comes out, which would be quite the obstacle.

You say 2-3 yrs as if MS is releasing their own console this year. And no way they are releasing next year either. 

Errorist76 said:
Intrinsic said:

There have been specific rumors about developer kits already being with developers since mid of last year already.

Nah man..... thats not even nearly specific. Nothing like what these rumors are really like. Unless you really believe that within a year afetr releasing the PS4pro and trying to get support for it sony was already giving third parties dev kits? Ridiculous. Hell, I would have even given that rumor more credibility if they didn't mention third parties. Third parties are the last to get dev kits.

You guys should all just relax...... not a chance in hell the PS5 comes out next year (which is 2019). And if sony somehow manages to have another 18-20M year in 2019; it won't be coming out in 2020 either.

KBG29 said:
Sony has so many options it is rally hard to predict. PS4 could easily surpass the PS2 record one way, or it could struggle to reach 120M, it depends on what they do.

Personally, I hope they release a PS4 Premium next year to sit along side the PS4 Super Slim and PS4 Pro Slim.

I think PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro should drop to $249.99 & $349.99 permanently this holiday.

PS4 Premium - $399.99
PS4 Pro Slim - $299.99
PS4 Super Slim - $199.99

I would bring PS5 out late 2021 or 2022 on 7nm+ AMD parts using Ryzen 3 and Next Gen for the CPU and GPU.

This would allow the PS4 to maximize its sales potential, and allow PS5 to deliver a truly next gen experience.

What exactly would this PS4 Premium be?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

KBG29 said:

PS4 Premium - $399.99
PS4 Pro Slim - $299.99
PS4 Super Slim - $199.99

You wan't strange things. What sense does it make making a PS4 premium? Make something that will sell even less than the PS4pro, which in of itself is only managing around 20% of total PS4 sales? Why would they do that?

This is the time of the gen when maximizing sales potential should be about slashing prices. Getting the base PS4 under $199 and the PS4pro to $299. There is no reason to make a "premium " console to release in 2019 when MS would just release the XB2 in 2020 with hardware tha will run circles around the premium PS4 and with hardware that even if sony released a PS5 a year or two from their console it would be using similar parts.

Makes no sense.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Yup...... very specific.

Ok, i personally dont remember the PS4 rumors from back then (except for Orbis) so ill take your word for it.

If you heard about orbis, then you should have heard about durango. Both of which were the actual real "secret" code names for the PS4 and XB1. The same place those rumors came from even went as far as point out that they would be using almost identical hardware and both using the jaguar CPU. It pointed out that MS was using GB of DDr3 ram.... only thing it got wrong was that the PS4 would have 4GB of Ram.... which was what leda lot to be saying it was going to be dead on arrival.

Compared to all that what we are getting now is what? Devkits are in the hands of third party devs? Lol...I could say that too like anyone else.

And to whoever said sony is getting better with leaks now? I don't know where they are getting that from but its not true..... after all didn't we know everything about the "neo" before it was even announced?

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

If you heard about orbis, then you should have heard about durango. Both of which were the actual real "secret" code names for the PS4 and XB1. The same place those rumors came from even went as far as point out that they would be using almost identical hardware and both using the jaguar CPU. It pointed out that MS was using GB of DDr3 ram.... only thing it got wrong was that the PS4 would have 4GB of Ram.... which was what leda lot to be saying it was going to be dead on arrival.

Ya i didnt remember any of the specifics of the rumors, just the goofy nicknames.