By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 1 Million People Have Played Sea of Thieves in the Past 48 Hours.

Free 14 day Gamepass Trail = Free Sea of Theives.

How many of those 1m users, where playing the game for free on gamepass?

Barkley said:
I don't know what to make of this, considering it's on gamepass and on both PC and Xbox.

also Free 14day trail for Gamepass.
Like 90% of that 1m user base, could be people that just signed up to try Gamepass and are playing the game for free.

This thread would be very differnt if it instead stated "100k copies of sea of theives sold"

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Barkley said:
I don't know what to make of this, considering it's on gamepass and on both PC and Xbox.

Like 90% of that 1m user base, could be people that just signed up to try Gamepass and are playing the game for free.

This thread would be very differnt if it instead stated "100k copies of sea of theives sold"

Eh the 14 days game pass has been around since early 2017 so most people probably already used it already.  But yeah there's probably some using their free trial to play. Hopefully they like it and stay subbed. 

JRPGfan said:

Barkley said:

But how likely even is that? Thats a stupid statement imo because compare that how albums are sold now with the new streaming services, it's not like every album isn't charting high and no album sells to platinum level now. It's possible that it only sold 100k so far but it's highly unlikely and the odds just aren't there. 

JRPGfan said:

Barkley said:

I highly doubt that anywhere close to 90% of them are playing it on a free trial on Gamepass.  I feel like even 50% would be a little too high.  It could still be high, but logistically it wouldn't make much sense if it were.

RolStoppable said:
Ryuu96 said:

Dude, stop, 90%?

90% is actually generous. I would have said 130% myself, but I got beaten to the punch.

I was trying to make a point.... I dont actually believe its 90%.
But yeah I think it could be high, more than half are probably playing Sea of Theives via Gamepass imo.

How many of that are actually just people finally given a reason to use that 14day free trail of gamepass? probably alot too.

Around the Network

What I have seen from streamers and what some of them think after a while is that if you do not play with friends this game is boring as hell, and it soon become boring/stale/monotonously even with friends.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

JRPGfan said:
RolStoppable said:

90% is actually generous. I would have said 130% myself, but I got beaten to the punch.

I was trying to make a point.... I dont actually believe its 90%.
But yeah I think it could be high, more than half are probably playing Sea of Theives via Gamepass imo.

How many of that are actually just people finally given a reason to use that 14day free trail of gamepass? probably alot too.

I'm just saying most people would have used it by now. And for those that used it it's good for MS. They got news subs and when SoD2 comes out they will need to pay for gamepass.

KLAMarine said:
Piracy is a serious problem.

They should make a game about it. 

Naum said:
What I have seen from streamers and what some of them think after a while is that if you do not play with friends this game is boring as hell, and it soon become boring/stale/monotonously even with friends.

Well duh.  Make your own adventure is fine and all, but without a base to go off, you are really offering nothing. Remember that no mans sky already tried this. This was fine for minecraft, but now devs are reaching for the same formula thinking the same rules apply as a decade ago. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

KLAMarine said:
Piracy is a serious problem.

Piracy is a seriously fun problem.