By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves - Metacritic/Review thread - Metascore: XBO - 69 (69 reviews) PC - 68 (23 reviews)

Nobody's going to address the fact that Other Joe is giving the Nazi salute in the video cover image? He's doing the Nazi salute.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Nobody's going to address the fact that Other Joe is giving the Nazi salute in the video cover image? He's doing the Nazi salute.

I cant tell when people are being saracastic.... but I assume your not?

But thats a "look over there" "over the horizon" pose, and not a nazi salute.
If you watch the video theres context for it too, go see the scene play out, and I assure you thats not a nazi salute.

COKTOE said:

Run fast my child, alert the tumblrites!

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:

If you watch the video theres context for it too, go see the scene play out, and I assure you thats not a nazi salute.

It think the key is, maybe more than anything....the open hand. Everything is almost perfectly positionally correct. If his moustache was trimmed slightly on the sides, it would be a backboard-shattering slam dunk.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
JRPGfan said:

It think the key is, maybe more than anything....the open hand. Everything is almost perfectly positionally correct. If his moustache was trimmed slightly on the sides, it would be a backboard-shattering slam dunk.

Okay so now I know you wherent being saracstic.

You just dont know what a nazi salute actually looks like.
Time to go google it, I suggest.

His twisted body pose alone, makes it clear its not one.
if he was looking you in the eye (camra) and his arm was straight out towards us (the cam) yeah.

Even then, theres context for it, you can watch the video and finde the scene and watch it.
He never does a salute.

Around the Network

back to 70 for now thanks to xbox biased sites

TrueAchievements - 80

Xbox Achievements - 70

I was expecting better for this game.

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:

Okay so now I know you wherent being saracstic.

You just dont know what a nazi salute actually looks like.
Time to go google it, I suggest.

His twisted body pose alone, makes it clear its not one.
if he was looking you in the eye (camra) and his arm was straight out towards us (the cam) yeah.

Even then, theres context for it, you can watch the video and finde the scene and watch it.
He never does a salute.

Sarcasm? Not? A little from column a, a little from column b. Time to google it? Ha. Ok. :) Even if one applied the most rigid form possible to what constitutes a Nazi salute, surely you can see the similarities to that and the pose Other Joe is striking. I'm not going to post anything, but there are plenty of examples of people with all kinds of variations on the correct form. Some are so loose in form that they look markedly less like a Nazi salute than the image in question, yet there's no doubt as to what they're doing. But yes, as for my first post, there was some sarcasm in it, as I don't think he's actually doing it on purpose. And with that, any further discussion on the topic should be done in private, or on our walls, so as to avoid the raising of mod ire.

KiigelHeart said:
JRPGfan said:

Angry Joe just did his review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kl3hf1aJ9s

its fun and they are dressed up as pirates while doing the skits.
Anyways he says its fun for about 4-5hours, and then becomes a repetitive meaningless grinde.

He scored it 4/10, and claims MS are ripping people off with it being 60$.

What a load of bullshit, honestly :P 

I don't think you can experience everything the game has to offer in 5 hours no way. After 5 hours you're probably doing those easy starter quests, learning to sail your ship, enjoying the sea, making contact with other crews and visiting a couple of islands. I've played over 10 hours and I haven't even seen the Kraken and we haven't been able to raid a single Skeleton Fort. Those are pretty tough. 

I appreciate the freedom when playing. I was so used to games that guide you from A to B to complete a quest, and then from B to C to complete another etc SoT offers something else. But I guess gamers want the game to hold their hand and tell them what to do and if you don't get a new skill or gun it's all meaningless.

I do agree there isn't enough content for 60€. I'll surely get my money's worth but that's not the same thing. Score of 4/10 is as silly as 9/10 though. 

@bold 1:  he didn’t say he experienced everything or stopped playing after 4-5h; he said he stopped HAVING FUN after 4-5h. And he’s not the first person to say that. 

@bold 2:  I haven’t really seen anyone have this complaint. All I’ve heard even remotely similar to this was confusion about how to start or complete a mission. But either way, that’s not even close to the primary complaint people have. The universal primary complaint is the lack of content, and to some people it makes the whole game not worth it; to others, it’s outweighed by SoT’s positives. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 27 March 2018

Eric2048 said:
I was expecting better for this game.

I think everyone was as well.