By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves - Metacritic/Review thread - Metascore: XBO - 69 (69 reviews) PC - 68 (23 reviews)

Bandorr said:
Is this keeping track of just the XBox metacritic, or PC as well?

PC has 7 reviews in, giving it a 67 metacritic.

I could add PC, I'm guessing most reviews will be for Xbone

Around the Network

Gamingtrend 80/100

http://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/a-pirates-life-for-me-sea-of-thieves-review/

Meristation - 80

Cooperation with other players is essential in Sea of Thieves for any action. It doesn’t matter if you know the other players or not, Sea of Thieves is capable of creating the most fun moments that we've experienced in an online multiplayer.

Back to 71, maybe we'll actually get a big influx of reviews soon

The game needs more content but I'm having a blast with it. I almost want to start a thread with focus on stories from Sea of Thieves because the experiences you CAN have makes the game amazing. However, i can understand that when those events aren't happening people will find it boring. I love the chill moments of just sailing to islands and get stuff to take to outposts.

I knew exactly what I signed up for when I bought it and I like it (as I've said before in this very thread) but it's lacking content, wasn't worth $60 to begin with and the combat needs work. The only thing that works flawlessly is the sailing and that's what I'm staying for. Sad to see the meta being low(er than expected) but hey, can't win'em all (or "can't win at all" in MS' case ;P)

After watching a few streams (group streams) during the closed beta, it seemed pretty fun. I was imagining there was some sort of game out of it at that point.

I downloaded the beta when it was open, played for about 2h and then I realized that was all there was to it. Uninstalled right after and decided to wait for reviews to make sure the final version had a lot more game to it.

Apparently no. Nice waves, fun concept, but literally no gameplay loop or story to speak of.

Makes me wonder what the hell Rare was doing for all this time as when they showed of the game for the first time it looked pretty much like it does now.

What a disappointment for what I considered the only interesting exclusive Microsoft had for the foreseeable future.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Good riddance. He was severely under-qualified. Hopefully he gets a new job where he doesn't make an ass of himself across the internet.

He still has a show, I would say a good one, but I know your stance on anything jim. And com on, what makes someone qualified to review games? If a site can give a 90 to sea of thieves, then jim was not the only one. 

Sorry - yes I meant the YT show. He did give scores there, but after the Zelda score he gave up giving numbers. So by that definition he is not a YT traditional reviewer any more - not that he was fired or something. He is independent for a long time.

This game entertains me every time clips of it show up on Twitch-fails

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Digital Chumps - 73

Sea of Thieves’ concept is beautifully drawn up. It has exploration, intense PvP and one of the most beautiful sea adventures to ever grace gaming, but it is lacking in content and it needs more reason to keep players moving and exploring. It has plenty of space on its plate for that, but in its vanilla form there’s nothing really to fill that space. I suspect that won’t be the case for long, if Rare has anything to say, but that is the current case now.

Ryuu96 said:
Raviel said:
The game needs more content but I'm having a blast with it. I almost want to start a thread with focus on stories from Sea of Thieves because the experiences you CAN have makes the game amazing. However, i can understand that when those events aren't happening people will find it boring. I love the chill moments of just sailing to islands and get stuff to take to outposts.

I knew exactly what I signed up for when I bought it and I like it (as I've said before in this very thread) but it's lacking content, wasn't worth $60 to begin with and the combat needs work. The only thing that works flawlessly is the sailing and that's what I'm staying for. Sad to see the meta being low(er than expected) but hey, can't win'em all (or "can't win at all" in MS' case ;P)

Agreed, It needs more content and it shouldn't have been $60 but I'm having a lot of fun on the game.

If you want to make something like a Sea of Thieves OT then feel free to do so, If you're willing to make the OP look nice I mean you could make just a story thread but an OT would probably get more discussion all round.

Haha, if only I had the time to make something good but I want to sail some more ;)
I will think about it though, I for one, loves to hear about Sea of Thieves' stories and I enjoy to talk about my stories as well. I think it could be fun but it all really depends on who here plays the game I guess and so far I've seen what, 4 people who enjoy it? :P

iceland said:
Digital Chumps - 73

Sea of Thieves’ concept is beautifully drawn up. It has exploration, intense PvP and one of the most beautiful sea adventures to ever grace gaming, but it is lacking in content and it needs more reason to keep players moving and exploring. It has plenty of space on its plate for that, but in its vanilla form there’s nothing really to fill that space. I suspect that won’t be the case for long, if Rare has anything to say, but that is the current case now.

Sums up the game beautifully. Good review and exactly how i feel about it.