Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72
Snoorlax said:
mZuzek said:
For the record, I also think ROB shouldn't be in the game.

Because he originated as a toy or because he's generally a character no one cares about?

Because he sucks.

Around the Network

OK guys i'm getting sick of the "not a videogame character argument" what other arguments do you have against Goku joining Smash?

EDIT: PLEASE READ OP.

I get it, Goku is not a video game character but this argument is such a cliché that i find it hard to take seriously anymore because we've known this for ages. Smash was supposed to be a Nintendo All Star fighting game now it's become a Nintendo/third party All Star fighting game.

Here are some arguments in favor of Goku joining Smash.

- Goku one of the most requested characters since Brawl

- Goku's anime aesthetic fits perfectly in Smash

- Goku has appeared in over 90+ videogames

- Goku has appeared on pretty much every Nintendo console out there.

- Goku's games are mainly competetive fighting games so that would fit Smash

- Goku's popularity is globally at the same level as Mario and Pikachu and would only boost sales

- Goku would be the first non video game originating character in Smash

- He's Goku what else do you want?

zzzzzzzzzz

mZuzek said:
Snoorlax said:

Because he originated as a toy or because he's generally a character no one cares about?

Because he sucks.

I actually agree 

mZuzek said:
zzzzzzzzzz

Did you reply to me and then edit out the comment?

I just got a notification, somehow.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
mZuzek said:
zzzzzzzzzz

I got a notification too.

VGPolyglot said:

I got a notification too.

mZuzek said:
zzzzzzzzzz

I tried to quote some of the people that kept making the "video game character" argument but then I figured it were too many to go through and the it started to pile up so I removed all the qoutes had no idea it would still notify you guys. Sorry!

Snoorlax said:

I get it, Goku is not a video game character but this argument is such a cliché that i find it hard to take seriously anymore because we've known this for ages.

It's not a cliche, it's a reason.  And the reason doesn't go away with time.  I mean, the Chicago Bulls stubbornly refuse to give me a contract to be their center because I'm short.  They've known it for ages, but that doesn't make it a cliche.  I'd prefer to keep the roster to video game characters.  Expanding to 3rd party was fine because it just felt like all the more of an all-star event.

I mean, a part of mean wants the Hulk to be in the game (because... get it?), but opening up Smash to everything just makes it too big.

NightlyPoe said:
Snoorlax said:

I get it, Goku is not a video game character but this argument is such a cliché that i find it hard to take seriously anymore because we've known this for ages.

It's not a cliche, it's a reason.  And the reason doesn't go away with time.  I mean, the Chicago Bulls stubbornly refuse to give me a contract to be their center because I'm short.  They've known it for ages, but that doesn't make it a cliche.  I'd prefer to keep the roster to video game characters.  Expanding to 3rd party was fine because it just felt like all the more of an all-star event.

I mean, a part of mean wants the Hulk to be in the game (because... get it?), but opening up Smash to everything just makes it too big.

The "reason" for Smash 64 and Melee was that it was a brawl of Nintendo characters. The reason for brawl was that it was just a special little event bringing on unique third party characters. The reason for Smash 4 was that they're "celebrating" all of gaming history. 

Reasons deteriorate with time. 

NightlyPoe said:

The "reason" for Smash 64 and Melee was that it was a brawl of Nintendo characters. The reason for brawl was that it was just a special little event bringing on unique third party characters. The reason for Smash 4 was that they're "celebrating" all of gaming history. 

Reasons deteriorate with time. 

Smash never excluded third party characters. The only reasons Snake and Sonic didn't make it into Melee was due to time. Smash 4 just expanded on the third parties as much as the rest of the roster was expanded.

On the other hand, the fact that characters need to originate from video games has always been a rule.