By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

kirby007 said:
quickrick said:

it looks like its gonna be down from last year thats for sure.

No shit march is it launch month

umm i'm talking about ltd, combining  every month in 2018 vs launch month which is a fair comparison.  

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

It doesnt relly matters, not to mentione that we had 5 January weeks compared to 4 February weeks, point is that you dont have any reason to say that Switch is losing momentum outside your Nintendo negativite. :)

Of Course when March was launched month where Switch sold around 1.2m in US if I am correct. But it will be very interesting to look months from April because last year Switch in that time has huge droughts while Switch this time will not have so big droughts.

Also I hope you only talk about March and not about hole year. :)

Lawlight said:
JSG87 said:
Lmao. One month where the Switch comes in 3Rd and again it's losing Momentum. If Everything is progressing in a good pace like Nintendo predicted then we don't have any reason to worry.

MHW clearly still gave ps4 a boost, xb1 had promotions and price cuts the majority of February and what did Nintendo have? I wouldn't expect a massive month when the console doesn't have the games to make that possible.

So what happened to “Switch won January despite the PS4 having MHW so it’s gonna win February easily”.

Um nowhere have I ever said that Switch won easily. If I did then can you quote me on it cause I have no idea.

Actually I'll save you the bother. This was my prediction right at the beginning of the thread.

JSG87 said: 
Hmm.

PS4 396K
NSW 352K
XB1 265K

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Of Course when March was launched month where Switch sold around 1.2m in US if I am correct. But it will be very interesting to look months from April because last year Switch in that time has huge droughts while Switch this time will not have so big droughts.

point is it's falling from last years ltd, with a extra week in January, on top of that. so yea so far it looks like its losing momentum as opposed to last year sales. we can expect 250-260k in march. many expected at least 900k by march npd with the extra week included.

ironmanDX said:

So many people who go out to bat for the Amazon thread are changing their tune despite it still being accurate over 80 percent of the time. This month could have just been another "off" month for the site. Jeez... This month even the final npd order was correct for 2 of the 3...

Quite surprising to see the xbox one above the Switch tbh. I imagine tax time may have been a factor here as well as lower pricing sales. Good month for all 3 I imagine.

I updated the Amazon threads for over two years and have followed it continuously for longer. There was no preorders to take into account and there has never been a time when the win was seemingly so obvious with two Switch consoles ahead of the rest by a decent margin. This is a big indication that Switch cannot be assessed using Amazon:

Nintendo Switch (neon): #18 (20 places ahead of the PS4 and 41 places ahead of the XB1)
Nintendo Switch (grey): #24 (14 places ahead of the PS4 and 35 places ahead of the XB1)
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #38
SNES Classic: #42
XBO S 500GB standalone: #59†
Xbox One X: #61 
PS4 Pro: #64 
XBO S 500GB Minecraft bundle: #91 
PS4 Pro 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #96

The result: PS4>XB1>Switch. This is unprecedented. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Tax return month always makes February more exciting. Hope we have get some numbers.

I always thought that Switch was a console typically more bought online compared to PS4 and XB1.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

point is it's falling from last years ltd, with a extra week in January, on top of that. so yea so far it looks like its losing momentum as opposed to last year sales. we can expect 250-260k in march. many expected at least 900k by march npd with the extra week included.

No its not falling LTD beacuse Switch was launched in March not in February, so curenetly with January-February numbers Switch is ahead LTD compared to last year, so you are wrong. Are you really using launch month, like prof if console is loosing momentum, sorry but that's crazy, of course that launch month will be stronger beacuse we dont talking about holiday month. Why you would expect 250-260k in March when with numbers we have Switch sold 280k in February with 4 weeks, espacily when its seems that Kirby is much stronger than Bayontta in February!?

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 19 March 2018

Switch is doing very well but its just up against a system that will go on to be the best selling console of all time. Can nintendo fans just admit ps4 is a beast.

Pinkie_pie said:
Switch is doing very well but its just up against a system that will go on to be the best selling console of all time. Can nintendo fans just admit ps4 is a beast.

You think that PS4 will sell more than 155m!?

I see PS4 passing 120m, even 130m, but hardly it will pass 140m.

I dont see reason for anyone to admitting anything, fact is that PS4 is on road to become 2nd best selling home console ever, thats very impresive in any case.