By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

JSG87 said:
Lmao. One month where the Switch comes in 3Rd and again it's losing Momentum. If Everything is progressing in a good pace like Nintendo predicted then we don't have any reason to worry.

MHW clearly still gave ps4 a boost, xb1 had promotions and price cuts the majority of February and what did Nintendo have? I wouldn't expect a massive month when the console doesn't have the games to make that possible.

So what happened to “Switch won January despite the PS4 having MHW so it’s gonna win February easily”.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
JSG87 said:
Lmao. One month where the Switch comes in 3Rd and again it's losing Momentum. If Everything is progressing in a good pace like Nintendo predicted then we don't have any reason to worry.

MHW clearly still gave ps4 a boost, xb1 had promotions and price cuts the majority of February and what did Nintendo have? I wouldn't expect a massive month when the console doesn't have the games to make that possible.

So what happened to “Switch won January despite the PS4 having MHW so it’s gonna win February easily”.

Look at japan weekly charts mhw hardware boost lasts multiple weeks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

160rmf said:
quickrick said:

switch got destroyed this month, being out sold be 30% by ps4, and losing to xbox, that looks like losing momentum to me,

You know that 30% higher from 200k-230k is ~60k? Wich is ~15k higher from every week. That's far from being DESTROYED by the competition.

And lol at people making a deal about the console age, like if people go to store "hey, how old is this console? What?! 4 years? Ugh, that's like my grandma age in console years... No deal"

Based on the leak and others information we have the first estimation by Zedark:

367k for PS4 and 282k for Switch

kirby007 said:
Lawlight said:

MH in Japan is not the same as MH in the West.

Number from rying which are as reliable as they get.

NSW ~ 280K

XB1 ~ 311K

PS4 ~ 364K

numbers don't look bad for switch at all actually.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
kirby007 said:

Appearently with mhw its bigger in the west

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 outselling switch in Japan and north america o far this year being it 4 year older is shocking. Ps4 is truly a beast. Switch will not even sell half of ps4 lifetime sales

No its not shocking, PS4s last year was strongest from launch, maybe this one will be even stronger, talking about Japan specifically, PS4 had probably biggest or at lest one of PS4s biggest game for Japan so thats reason for huge boost in Japan, while in same time Switch had slow Janaury-Febrary for releases.

globalisateur said: 
160rmf said: 

You know that 30% higher from 200k-230k is ~60k? Wich is ~15k higher from every week. That's far from being DESTROYED by the competition.

And lol at people making a deal about the console age, like if people go to store "hey, how old is this console? What?! 4 years? Ugh, that's like my grandma age in console years... No deal"

Based on the leak and others information we have the first estimation by Zedark:

So that means that Switch is not loosing momentum, it sold better than it did in January. :)

quickrick said:

Number from rying which are as reliable as they get.

NSW ~ 280K

XB1 ~ 311K

PS4 ~ 364K

numbers don't look bad for switch at all actually.

Which is better then jan (Which is 5 weeks )with its biggest competitors getting a huge hardware booster mhw

kirby007 said:
Lawlight said:

Appearently with mhw its bigger in the west

Mhw sold 2-2.5 mill,thats just one country, for one system in japan.

Ontopic great sales for all three systems!

A healtly and growing console industry.

Incredible to see ps4 sell so much even with a high price of 299,99 thats the official price) 

With a 50 dollar and def 100 dollar pricecut this year + big amount of games ps4 could be the same or even up this year, i think thats something noo home console has ever done in its 5th year.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Miyamotoo said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 outselling switch in Japan and north america o far this year being it 4 year older is shocking. Ps4 is truly a beast. Switch will not even sell half of ps4 lifetime sales

No its not shocking, PS4s last year was strongest from launch, maybe this one will be even stronger, talking about Japan specifically, PS4 had probably biggest or at lest one of PS4s biggest game for Japan so thats reason for huge boost in Japan, while in same time Switch had slow Janaury-Febrary for releases.

globalisateur said: 

So that means that Switch is not loosing momentum, it sold better than it did in January. :)

February is a much better month for console sales then JAN, ps4 usually does around 200-230k in jan, while in FEB it does 400k.