By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

So many people who go out to bat for the Amazon thread are changing their tune despite it still being accurate over 80 percent of the time. This month could have just been another "off" month for the site. Jeez... This month even the final npd order was correct for 2 of the 3...

Quite surprising to see the xbox one above the Switch tbh. I imagine tax time may have been a factor here as well as lower pricing sales. Good month for all 3 I imagine.

Around the Network

Pretty good month for the big 3. Didn't expect Switch to come in last.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

No its not shocking, PS4s last year was strongest from launch, maybe this one will be even stronger, talking about Japan specifically, PS4 had probably biggest or at lest one of PS4s biggest game for Japan so thats reason for huge boost in Japan, while in same time Switch had slow Janaury-Febrary for releases.

So that means that Switch is not loosing momentum, it sold better than it did in January. :)

February is a much better month for console sales then JAN, ps4 usually does around 200-230k in jan, while in FEB it does 400k. 

It doesnt relly matters, not to mentione that we had 5 January weeks compared to 4 February weeks, point is that you dont have any reason to say that Switch is losing momentum outside your Nintendo negativite. :)

quickrick said:

Number from rying which are as reliable as they get.

NSW ~ 280K

XB1 ~ 311K

PS4 ~ 364K

numbers don't look bad for switch at all actually.

It’s not bad except that it’s below what 90% of people predicted. Shadow predicted 400k for the Switch, for example.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

February is a much better month for console sales then JAN, ps4 usually does around 200-230k in jan, while in FEB it does 400k. 

It doesnt relly matters, not to mentione that we had 5 January weeks compared to 4 February weeks, point is that you dont have any reason to say that Switch is losing momentum outside your Nintendo negativite. :)

it looks like its gonna be down from last year thats for sure.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

The Switch is going to be down? Or the PS4?

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

Both will be down.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

No shit march is it launch month

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ironmanDX said:

So many people who go out to bat for the Amazon thread are changing their tune despite it still being accurate over 80 percent of the time. This month could have just been another "off" month for the site. Jeez... This month even the final npd order was correct for 2 of the 3...

Quite surprising to see the xbox one above the Switch tbh. I imagine tax time may have been a factor here as well as lower pricing sales. Good month for all 3 I imagine.

Here’s what you’re forgetting though - Amazon, with regards to the Switch, has also shown the latter to be dominating, not just winning. Everyone was surprised by the small gap by which the Switch won in January. This is what people aren’t understanding. 

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

Switch, it's gonna fall behind it's ltd from last year, despite an extra week in January.