By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

How in the world is PS4 still selling so well at $299.99? That's mindboggling.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
Lawlight said:

So what happened to “Switch won January despite the PS4 having MHW so it’s gonna win February easily”.

Um nowhere have I ever said that Switch won easily. If I did then can you quote me on it cause I have no idea.

Actually I'll save you the bother. This was my prediction right at the beginning of the thread.

JSG87 said: 
Hmm.

PS4 396K
NSW 352K
XB1 265K

I’m not saying you explicitly.

Lawlight said:
JSG87 said:

Um nowhere have I ever said that Switch won easily. If I did then can you quote me on it cause I have no idea.

Actually I'll save you the bother. This was my prediction right at the beginning of the thread.

I’m not saying you explicitly.

You quoted my post lol. Sorry.

quickrick said:
Looks like amazon was wrong, and switch is losing momentum like i predicted.

^ yep.
The feburary prediction thread the vast majority thought the switch would win due to amazon.

I think it depends on gta 6. If it releases on the ps4 then yes ps4 will surpass the ps2. I think this year will also surpass last year because of spider-man and gow.

Around the Network

I'm sure we'll be hearing from NPD soon due to this leak but if all the information is correct, congrats to the PS4 this month! Month 51 and it still shows no signs of giving up the ghost, and the most important game of the system's cycle is releasing next month (April).

Hardware purchases, to me, is still an in-store practice. Amazon represents a small percentage of overall gaming software/hardware sales in the US and that number gets smaller when you go overseas. I just feel that people, especially after this most recent direct from Nintendo, placed too much stock in Amazon representation gaming sales trends overall and continue to make blanket, incorrect statements about how the Switch is doing against the PS4/X1 (placement in the top 100) and Switch software domination (Amazon preorders =/= sales and digital is becoming more and more an important).

melbye said:
Guess Nintendo is back to being DOOMED, huh

Second year. The Switch must take every month. But it doesnt. The ps4 is still taking some month away from NINTENDO in its 4th year. Thats crazy

Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 outselling switch in Japan and north america o far this year being it 4 year older is shocking. Ps4 is truly a beast. Switch will not even sell half of ps4 lifetime sales

You based this off of 2 months with MH releasing for ps4 in Japan?

Ka-pi96 said:
quickrick said:

Switch, it's gonna fall behind it's ltd from last year, despite an extra week in January. 

YTD (year to date) instead of LTD (life to date) then.

Lmao

tbone51 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 outselling switch in Japan and north america o far this year being it 4 year older is shocking. Ps4 is truly a beast. Switch will not even sell half of ps4 lifetime sales

You based this off of 2 months with MH releasing for ps4 in Japan?

Considering that the PS4 is going up against Zelda BOTW , Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey (and Splatoon 2 in Japan) and the PS4 is still $299/32000k Yen, something is amiss somewhere.