By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New GOW Footage (TV Advert Added)

I like. Dark souls influence on combat. Nice change, much slower combat. Old fans will complain.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Combat looks downgraded from previous GoW games.

Looks like it can get pretty repetitive. Should still be a fun game though.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yes combat is abit slower, and things die abit slower, but theres also fewer monsters to fight at the same time.

Combat looks less like a mess than old GoW was, and less button mashing.

also repetitive? fighting same creatures? that was old GoW too.

Nothing Ive seen in the new GoW looks like a downgrade to me.
Id say the combat looks better.

Kyuu said:
Damn.. I'm starting to feel this game! Old God of War games may be faster but this seems more tactical and Soulsborne-ish :)

^ this. Thats my take on it too.

Less of a clusterf***, less careless button mashing, more tactical and souls/borne-ish.

Can't agree more, looks great and the game realy looks like a combination of Souls/last of us.

Looks great! Can't wait to play it next month!

Combat style has been compromised for more exploration and cinematic perspective. I'm completely ok about this!

Around the Network

That looks hot, and the combat is speedy as FUCK! I thought that was gonna be an issue with the new angle. Bring on the new GoW hotness!

Frank_kc said:
Looks repetitive to me... so much of fighting the same creatures.

Are you being serious? Take any number of games, show one section and you'll come to the same conclusion. This is the tutorial section. Have you watched other footage? This game is 30+ hours long and we've seen altogether around 1 hour of gameplay. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Mystro-Sama said:
Combat looks downgraded from previous GoW games.

I thought that as well but overall it looks fun still. 

Feels like the time RE4 come out and people were skeptical.

I will give it a crack I am sure it will be just as enjoyable to play. Probably in the end will find the revamped system works better.

Think I'm gonna have to wait for a price drop on this. I still want it,but this kind hits on my hype levels a bit. Might use some of my Best Buy points to get it like I'm doing with Ni No Kun 2, that one is only costing me $35

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick