By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New GOW Footage (TV Advert Added)

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:
The scale isn't as big from the look of things but the combat seems meatier than previous trailers.

Still, leave the kid at daycare and give Kratos his chaos blades.

They already have shown a Dragon and a Snake that goes around the entire world.

Maybe you should look more xP

Oh yeah, forgot about that snake...

I usually don't care for trailers for video games, I focused mostly on the gifs as far as this thread is concerned.

Around the Network

Combat style & gameplay are complete different other than previous GoW, I don't know when will i change my mind, i'll see if i have a chance.

GribbleGrunger said:
Frank_kc said:
Looks repetitive to me... so much of fighting the same creatures.

Are you being serious? Take any number of games, show one section and you'll come to the same conclusion. This is the tutorial section. Have you watched other footage? This game is 30+ hours long and we've seen altogether around 1 hour of gameplay. 

My point is that with older GOW games,i could take all those enemies together with the chains for example.... Now i have to take them down one by one...... Thats why i im concerned about the repetitive part.

Seems like God of War as a franchise was always doomed.

There were already complaints about the repetitive nature of the franchise, and sales definitely dropped off with Ascension. Would a typical God of War hack and slash game do well in 2018? I highly doubt it.

God of War was in need of a change up. It seems like the change up is generally good and will probably cater to a wider audience than before. The risk with change is always going to be losing your existing audience. I hope it can manage to appease both. The footage looks good from my perspective.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Frank_kc said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Are you being serious? Take any number of games, show one section and you'll come to the same conclusion. This is the tutorial section. Have you watched other footage? This game is 30+ hours long and we've seen altogether around 1 hour of gameplay. 

My point is that with older GOW games,i could take all those enemies together with the chains for example.... Now i have to take them down one by one...... Thats why i im concerned about the repetitive part.

You only saw a small portion of the game and almost no "skills and weapons" from kratos. That said, to conclude that there are no "area attacks" and you need to deal whit enemies one by one is hasty. Let's wait and see, i'm sure we are going to see lots of "Area attacks" that can take many enemies at the same time.

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:

Yes, and then you'd move on to another bunch of enemies and then more bunches of enemies. ... The only difference is we have single enemies and then other single enemies. And we have no idea whether or not we'll be getting weapons that allow us to take out more enemies at once. We've only seen the intro and the tutorial section so far. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Never played one, wanted to but too short for me.

Video's down.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Video's down.

Here it is split into 4 MP3s:

The PS5 Exists. 

Random_Matt said:
Never played one, wanted to but too short for me.

God of war 3 was ~10 hours for the main story.

This new God of War its ~35 hours.

Is that too short? If not might be time to give it a shot, game looks pretty epic.