By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Russia closer to causing a massive War than North Korea or even the United States?

Rab said:
Final-Fan said:

We can argue about that later:  none of those quotes IN ANY WAY addresses the claim that I issued my "challenge" on.  In case you didn't pay attention: 

"the reason that is cited by some back then is that the US wanted to see what a Atom bomb could do to a city full of people, in retrospect it was the World's worst war crime in modern history"

"I challenge you to provide solid evidence for your claim that a major motivating factor for dropping the bombs on cities instead of for target practice was just to see what they did to people."

Should I assume that you are abandoning this claim? 

P.S.  Worse than the Nazi "Final Solution", really? 

Your naive to think that some people in the establishment didn't want to see the consequences of an Atom Bomb, they had used great resources in developing these weapons, there was still the military consideration of what the damage could do, scientific curiosity, they had fully resourced teams ready to go to investigate those consequences once it was clear to go,  I have seen some time ago a Documentary on that subject, but I can't recall who did the the doco, sorry

What needs to be done is investigate the degree in which people were responsible for the war crime, how involved they were, how much influence they had, unfortunately the internet wont proved until a full scale 3rd party investigation is completed  

Also most of my first post included other points which you have ignored, but to be honest I can't be bothered to "argue" as I see your actively defending the US here, so I'll gracefully, or not move on ;)    

OK, it's your right to quit the debate, but I want to make sure you understand that my postscript was not a rhetorical question.  You said that dropping the A-bomb was the worst war crime in modern history, which includes the Nazi genocide program and for that matter the Rape of Nanking.  Do you stand by that?  I guess you don't have to defend it but I think you should at least clarify "yeah that's my position, goodbye". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
okr said:

So much nonsense in one post. Cute.

A person like you thinking this is nonsense is more than enough to prove my point

VGPolyglot said:

Dismembered? So essentially carved up like how Africa was during the 19th century?

Worse. It should never stand again. Preferrably like the middle east, always in conflict 

Thanks for proving their point. Whichever country attempts to do this to another should be dissolved by UNSC Mandate, with the country's Veto Power cancelled should it be a member. 

The good thing is that this is impossible. Russia would launch Dead Hand/Perimeter the moment most forces fell offline, and the state is an ethnic one. It cannot possibly fall to strife. Right now, Russia is actually stronger than the Soviets. Look at their GDP now and contrast with their GDP in the Brezhnev era. They don't need to be bigger to be more lethal. In other words, it's a hundred times more likely Mueller's investigation does end with an impeached Trump, ultraconservative unrest and eventual Civil War than the opposite. 

I am afraid that the weakest Russia you are going to get is the current one. It's also more dangerous than the most dangerous foe you faced. For once the US is presented with two choices it cannot ignore: Accept parity and stand down from their pedestal, or face erosion and eventually go the same way the Soviets did. 

But it surprises me you're advocating indirect ethnic cleansing and not being banned. People with your views should be rightfully thrown into Black Dolphin and never leave. 

Before Hitler invaded Poland, he took a piece of it with Danzig. He annexed Austria, he took a piece of Checkoslovakia arguing that it should be german because the sudet germans lived there.

Seems familliar to what is going on with Ukraine?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Just look at US military bases locations. Then add to this a mass media monopoly across a whole "progressive world" aka the west.
If you still somehow do not sure that Putin is a bloody monster then they will repeat it to you hundreds, thousands, billions of times. Again and again.

KungKras said:
Before Hitler invaded Poland, he took a piece of it with Danzig. He annexed Austria, he took a piece of Checkoslovakia arguing that it should be german because the sudet germans lived there.

It's been years since Crimea was annexed and they haven't annexed anything since, not even Abkhazia or South Ossetia.

Around the Network
KungKras said:

Neither Austria nor Czechoslovakia had seen their government shattered by nationalist and ethnocentric coups. This is closer to the Mexican American War... 

AsGryffynn said:
KungKras said:

Neither Austria nor Czechoslovakia had seen their government shattered by nationalist and ethnocentric coups. This is closer to the Mexican American War... 

Thousands of people pouring across a border to settle, only to use their own existence as a pretext for annexing the land to their original nation? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
AsGryffynn said:

Thousands of people pouring across a border to settle, only to use their own existence as a pretext for annexing the land to their original nation? 

Yours words, not mine... 

KungKras said:

The situation is different than that.

1. Hitler was conquering new lands for the purpose of building an Empire. This included lands that were never traditionally a part of Germany.
2. Crimea rebelled to return to Russia in response to the anti-Russian coup which seized control of Ukraine. Crimea was a part of Russia that was under Ukrainian control after the fall of the USSR as a measure of good faith between the nations.

Pre-Euromaidan polling had always suggested a 65-70% wish to rejoin Russia, with 10-15% to remain in Ukraine, and the rest undecided. Imagine how a coup by an anti-Russian government with suspected fascist leanings* is going to effect that opinion.

*I'm not suggesting they were fascist, but its a fact that a lot of people thought this at that time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CaptainExplosion said:
Jumpin said:

The situation is different than that.

1. Hitler was conquering new lands for the purpose of building an Empire. This included lands that were never traditionally a part of Germany.
2. Crimea rebelled to return to Russia in response to the anti-Russian coup which seized control of Ukraine. Crimea was a part of Russia that was under Ukrainian control after the fall of the USSR as a measure of good faith between the nations.

Pre-Euromaidan polling had always suggested a 65-70% wish to rejoin Russia, with 10-15% to remain in Ukraine, and the rest undecided. Imagine how a coup by an anti-Russian government with suspected fascist leanings* is going to effect that opinion.

*I'm not suggesting they were fascist, but its a fact that a lot of people thought this at that time.

Well now Putin has that new missile that he says can penetrate ANY defense system, including Canada's.

That bald fucker is trying to kill us all, so like I keep stressing, kill him before that happens.

If he was trying to kill us, why would he launch it at his own country? Surely he'd actually launch it at us?