7. [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles 4 – 247 votes
8. [NSW] Octopath Traveler – 241 votes
9. [PS4] Ni no Kuni II – 228 votes
10. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 215 votes
11. [PS4] Code Vein – 205 votes
12. [PS4] Catherine: Full Body – 204 votes
13. [PS4] Death end re;Quest – 200 votes
14. [PS4] Zanki Zero – 198 votes
15. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga – 197 votes
16. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI – 186 votes
17. [NSW] Kirby Star Allies – 182 votes
18. [NSW] Fire Emblem – 173 votes
19. [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 171 votes
20. [PS4] Metal Max Xeno – 147 votes
21. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 145 votes
22. [PSV] Super Robot Wars X – 133 votes
23. [PS4] Ace Combat 7 – 130 votes
24. [PS4] Far Cry 5 – 126 votes
25. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 122 votes
26. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 – 117 votes
27. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition – 116 votes
28. [PSP] Ushiro – 114 votes
29. [PS4] Persona 5: Dancing Star Night – 112 votes
30. [PS4] New Gundam Breaker – 106 votes

Around the Network

At the risk of sounding like an ass:

Am I the only one who burst out laughing that the Japanese have voted a game called “Super Robot Wars X” as one of their most anticipated games of the year? =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
At the risk of sounding like an ass:

Am I the only one who burst out laughing that the Japanese have voted a game called “Super Robot Wars X” as one of their most anticipated games of the year? =P

Probably.

well. Japan is a shell of its former self when it comes to video games.

not developers that is. but the players. it became a very casual environment. games don't sell well  anymore. even good ones and Japanese developers are selling even hard core japanese games better in west than there. these strange generc names games with "robot wars" etc are some games of popular animes and what not.

Japan developers are still the best in the world. 

I would guess they pour their money into phone games anime and hentai in these generation.  

I think 1 or two ps4 games sold more than a million in Japan. which isn't a lot by any standard. and  while switch is selling well over there the software sales aren't that insane. the top ones am assuming are often bundled with the console. 

probably has to do with the fact that during the PS3 generation a lot of devs stopped making old JRPG classics  or something and alienated fanbase 

Last edited by MasterThief - on 14 March 2018

Final Fantasy VII Remake at the top, who knows if that game will ever even come out.

Around the Network
MasterThief said:

not developers that is. but the players. it became a very casual environment. games don't sell well  anymore. even good ones and Japanese developers are selling even hard core japanese games better in west than there. these strange generc names games with "robot wars" etc are some games of popular animes and what not.

I would guess they pour their money into phone games anime and hentai in these generation.  

I think 1 or two ps4 games sold more than a million in Japan. which isn't a lot by any standard. and  while switch is selling well over there the software sales aren't that insane. the top ones am assuming are often bundled with the console. 

probably has to do with the fact that during the PS3 generation a lot of devs stopped making old JRPG classics  or something and alienated fanbase 

You’re dead wrong about Switch, my friend. xD It already have 3 games over 1 million and another one that will join them in 1 month or so. And it’s been out for only 1 year. And no, many of those games weren’t bundled or were limited bundled.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
MasterThief said:

You’re dead wrong about Switch, my friend. xD It already have 3 games over 1 million and another one that will join them in 1 month or so. And it’s been out for only 1 year. And no, many of those games weren’t bundled or were limited bundled.

you sound fanboysih but 2 of these 3 games are bundled with the console.  that is just a fact its not my opinion. which is literally what I said. not responding again because I smell some fanboysim odor. 

and those numbers aren't impressive by any means. for a country that used to be considered one of the biggest gaming markets.

Moderated -think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 16 March 2018

MasterThief said:
LipeJJ said:

you sound fanboysih but 2 of these 3 games are bundled with the console.  that is just a fact its not my opinion. which is literally what I said. not responding again because I smell some fanboysim odor. 

and those numbers aren't impressive by any means. for a country that used to be considered one of the biggest gaming markets. 

More like where bundled, as the bundles sold out pretty much as soon as they appeared. But even if you count out the bundles, those 2 games (Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2) would easily have reached the million last year.

Japan is rapidly aging and the population shrinking. Unless there's a major change in japanese society it will continue to go down, as the numbers of potential gamers is shrinking fast

MasterThief said:
LipeJJ said:

Ok, I'll ignore the free offensive part...

So, of the games bundled, all of them were limited. And why those numbers don't seem impressive? I'd like you to list one system, just one, that got 4 games that sold over 1 million in Japan on its first year. Hint: It never happened. Also, you're saying that Japan used to be one of the biggest gaming markets, but as far as I know, it's still the second biggest market, behind US only.

It sounds like you decided to post without any knowlegde. Better do some research next time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won