By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Favorite Protagonist That Most People Hate

Tagged games:

I really liked Zidane from Final Fantasy 9 when most people at my school hated him because he was not Cloud. (which is ironic because Squall was hated for being an emo Cloud wanna be, but whatever).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Azzanation said:

People say FF7 is overrated? 

Regularly. You`ve never seen people say that before?

Nope, not here. FF7 is amazing and deserves its credit in my opinion. Graphics sucked though.

Azzanation said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Regularly. You`ve never seen people say that before?

Nope, not here. FF7 is amazing and deserves its credit in my opinion. Graphics sucked though.

To be fair, graphics from the 5th gen (Ps1, N64) were pretty much all bad. Hell, even the best looking games look pretty shit now. 

But yeah, a lot of people like to rag on FFVII, but that's just because it's popular. People also liked to rag on Titanic (the movie), and go back and watch it now! That film holds up remarkably well. 

But I'm off topic. 

Tidus for me as well. I do not understand the hate people have for them unless they're the type to hate any and all character development or never finished the game. Yes, he's a winy prissy boy with daddy issues, but that's only where he starts. He then experiences a 'character arc', and ends up in a wholly different place. That's not a bad character, that's good storytelling. 

Alara317 said:
Azzanation said:

To be fair, graphics from the 5th gen (Ps1, N64) were pretty much all bad. Hell, even the best looking games look pretty shit now. 

But yeah, a lot of people like to rag on FFVII, but that's just because it's popular. People also liked to rag on Titanic (the movie), and go back and watch it now! That film holds up remarkably well. 

But I'm off topic. 

Tidus for me as well. I do not understand the hate people have for them unless they're the type to hate any and all character development or never finished the game. Yes, he's a winy prissy boy with daddy issues, but that's only where he starts. He then experiences a 'character arc', and ends up in a wholly different place. That's not a bad character, that's good storytelling. 

FF7 goes down as one of my favourite JRPG games of all time and I don't even like JRPGs, in fact I don't like them, I find them all the same and boring. FF7 was a different story for me and one well worth playing and I still own my Original PS1 copy as well. 

The visuals on FF7 is not excusable for its time though, they were really bad for that generation, especially after games like Zelda OoT and Crash Bandicoot were released on that same generation.

Azzanation said:
Alara317 said:

But I'm off topic. 

FF7 goes down as one of my favourite JRPG games of all time and I don't even like JRPGs, in fact I don't like them, I find them all the same and boring. FF7 was a different story for me and one well worth playing and I still own my Original PS1 copy as well. 

The visuals on FF7 is not excusable for its time though, they were really bad for that generation, especially after games like Zelda OoT and Crash Bandicoot were released on that same generation.

FFVII Looked better than any of those games...in battle. The only 'bad' graphics in that game were the overworld polygons. When in battle, the characters had more detail and better animation than crash or ocarina of time.  

Around the Network
Alara317 said:
Azzanation said:

FFVII Looked better than any of those games...in battle. The only 'bad' graphics in that game were the overworld polygons. When in battle, the characters had more detail and better animation than crash or ocarina of time.  

They weren't better, even the battle sequences looked horrible (yes they were better than the main world graphics) but everything was blocky and low ressed I could barely make out the characters. To my standards in that gen it was low par on the visual front, everything else was good, Great music, great gameplay, great story, great sounds but those visuals.. my gawd. Now I never played the PC version so not sure how much better that version looked to the PS1 version. 

This will be something we agree to disagree.. again.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 March 2018

Micaiah from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.
Most people think she’s just a Mary Sue and I personally don’t think she is.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Ka-pi96 said:
Azzanation said:

They weren't better, even the battle sequences looked horrible (yes they were better than the main world graphics) but everything was blocky and low ressed I could barely make out the characters. To my standards in that gen it was low par on the visual front, everything else was good, Great music, great gameplay, great story, great sounds but those visuals.. my gawd. Now I never played the PC version so not sure how much better that version looked to the PS1 version. 

This will be something we agree to disagree.. again.

Did you forget to wear your glasses when playing it or something?

Possible, however I didn't need them when playing Zelda or anything else for that matter.

Kyuu said:
estebxx said:

Well i certainly dont have a poll to know how much she is liked over here, so im just going by my experience and so far ive seen a lot of people voice their hate towards her whenever someone starts talking about the game, it seemed like a trend so i imagined it may extrapolate in general, i may be wrong of course but since i have no data i just went with what i constantly saw.

Some dislike her as a person, but not necessarily as a character. The way she approached her "sisters" and stole their men to pleasure herself with was bound to piss a few people off more than her mistranslated personality. But Jeez... I see even less disliked characters being mentioned here.. Joel, Niko Bellic, Zidane.. may as well add Ellie since we know homophobes hate her guts! :P

Joel is waifu! I'd cry my eyes out if he ends up in a bad shape in TLoU2 :'(

God I hope nothings wrong with Joel!

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Kratos.