By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Currently @ $700M+ DBO, $1.34B+ WW

holy shit there's so much stupid going on in this thread. What a pathetic 'debate'.

Warned ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 10 April 2018

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
Bristow9091 said:

What do you mean by white guilt? I'm white and I saw the film, but not because I felt guilty of anything, I have absolutely no reason to be, I'm just a big Marvel and superhero fan, and the film looked great... and it WAS great, lol.

Where have you been? White Guilt is very much a thing now, there were tweets from white people who VOLUNTARILY did not go to the opening weekend of Black Panther because these people thought the movie was legit a black/negro event and that by simply being there would demean the other black attendees - I'm not shitting you, look it up.  

There was an even larger group going to support black audiences and cultural movements. Twitter was full of them.

Wow. This thread has gone off the rails thanks to one poster. It's the 21st century, We have movies like Gods of Egypt, Exodus Gods and Kings, Prince of Persia, The Last Airbender,etc. come out. Yet we have someone complaining about a movie taking place mostly in Africa having a cast filled with people of mostly African descent. If the movie hadn't netted nearly 1.3 billion dollars would you even be complaining?

contestgamer said:
Insidb said:

How sad must it be that they're part of one of the most discriminated against demographics of all time, and one of the only things that keeps them from being successful is their skin color?

MAYBE, if not for rampant and ignorant racism, such movies wouldn't be so rare and the audience starved for them.

So you want more racist movies? 

The only racist here is you. This feels a lot like a troll at this point.

Warned ~ CGI

This is such a stupid debate. Let people enjoy the move they paid for. Its just another Marvel movie for me.

Around the Network

What the fuck happened to this thread ....

How can people be sitting here and claiming that Black Panther is a case of "forced diversity" when Black Panther has always been a black character? How is it forced diversity when Marvel was most likely ALWAYS going to create a movie based around him? Unless you're saying the very fact that there's a movie based around Black Panther is forced diversity ... in that case then you need help. I guess you could make the argument that if this was a different time period this wouldn't have been made and thus due to the geopolitical climate "forced diversity" is being pushed to capitalize on a market, but that is an extremely bad argument when A ) Blade exists Circa 1998 and B ) Other kinds of super hero movies like Deadpool wouldn't have been made, so obviously a change in diversity isn't inherently bad just because of the "times" that caused such diversity.

About "white guilt" ..... while I do think that there is probably an idea that Black Panther should be supported because it is a movie featuring a Black cast, that is not inherently bad either and does not mean that the movie is racist against white people. Do you really think Hollywood would pass a movie that would discriminate against a large portion of their demographic - hell usually the vast majority? Black Panther is a Marvel movie and it affects the entire Marvel universe, if there was actually racism being promoted with the film then major consequences would occur. And who feels guilty about a fucking blockbuster flick? REALLY, you think the masses are feeling guilt from a Superhero film?

And I hate to back people into a corner, but .... how do you think it makes you look when you immediately react poorly to one of the first major predominantly black blockbusters? I'm not trying to imply racism here, but it definitely doesn't help your case and it looks very ... well .....

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

How can people be sitting here and claiming that Black Panther is a case of "forced diversity" when Black Panther has always been a black character? How is it forced diversity when Marvel was most likely ALWAYS going to create a movie based around him? Unless you're saying the very fact that there's a movie based around Black Panther is forced diversity ... in that case then you need help. I guess you could make the argument that if this was a different time period this wouldn't have been made and thus due to the geopolitical climate "forced diversity" is being pushed to capitalize on a market, but that is an extremely bad argument when A ) Blade exists Circa 1998 and B ) Other kinds of super hero movies like Deadpool wouldn't have been made, so obviously a change in diversity isn't inherently bad just because of the "times" that caused such diversity.

About "white guilt" ..... while I do think that there is probably an idea that Black Panther should be supported because it is a movie featuring a Black cast, that is not inherently bad either and does not mean that the movie is racist against white people. Do you really think Hollywood would pass a movie that would discriminate against a large portion of their demographic - hell usually the vast majority? Black Panther is a Marvel movie and it affects the entire Marvel universe, if there was actually racism being promoted with the film then major consequences would occur. And who feels guilty about a fucking blockbuster flick? REALLY, you think the masses are feeling guilt from a Superhero film?

And I hate to back people into a corner, but .... how do you think it makes you look when you immediately react poorly to one of the first major predominantly black blockbusters? I'm not trying to imply racism here, but it definitely doesn't help your case and it looks very ... well .....

Replace the word black with white in that sentence and see how ridiculous it sounds.

contestgamer said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Replace the word black with white in that sentence and see how ridiculous it sounds.

Yeah, that doesn't follow through with logic and reasoning though. Why would white people need to be supported? 

TranceformerFX said:
Black Panther: The only movie where forced diversity is celebrated and it's critical reception is measured by it's political significance and not the quality of the actual film.

Black Panthers Box Office gross is not only pathetic, but also sets a precedent on the state of mind that this country is in.

Want to watch an all Black cast movie that's actually of great quality? Watch "Menace 2 Society". Came out 25 years ago. All Black cast - nobody gave a shit.

Black Panther has always been black. This movie was never a case of forced diversity. 

Jesus some of you just don't have a clue and just regurgitate stupidity you see on line from crazy right wingers or left wingers. 

Warned ~ CGI

The amount of stupid people here is too damn high. A white cast for Black Panther would not make sense in the least. If you want to complaint about forced diversity you should complaint about the Fantastic 4 remake. Marvel should have an Asian Avenger. I mean Vision was literally a fuck you to Asian people. We even added an Android before an Asian;)

Warned ~ CGI

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar