By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone delayed to 2019

Honestly.. I think this is ok, the competition for games in 2nd half of 2018 is very heavy.

Days Gone, the open-world PlayStation 4 zombie survival game from Sony Interactive Entertainment Bend Studio, has been delayed from its previously planned 2018 launch window to 2019, Sony has confirmed.

Following a 2019 release window appearing on the Days Gone PlayStation.com page, USgamer reached out to Sony, who confirmed, “Days Gone will now be releasing in 2019 and we will keep you updated on the launch date.”

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

i agree, it's really better, seeing how many great games are still coming out this year

cant say I'm really surprised. kinda see spider-man getting delayed next too

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Nah. Insomniac usually delivers on time.

Expected, good for next years lineup

Around the Network

I really hope it's a scheduling issue and not a development issue since this game has been in development for a very long time. I am also not sure if it is a good idea to release it close to Last of Us 2 because they are so thematically similar

melbye said:
I really hope it's a scheduling issue and not a development issue since this game has been in development for a very long time. I am also not sure if it is a good idea to release it close to Last of Us 2 because they are so thematically similar

Agreed. Releasing those two games so close is a recipe for overshadowing. 

OT: Can't say I'm surprised but I'm still bummed, I was looking forward to this one later in the year.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Hynad said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Nah. Insomniac usually delivers on time.

We'll see. Hopefully you're right. Game looks great.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So in terms of "big" releases it would be something like this

2018: Detroit, God of War, Spiderman

2019: TLOU 2, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima

2020: Death Stranding, FF7R (if they ever release...)

What big games am i forgetting?

Sony moving their Q3/Q4 games to Q1/Q2. Next up Dreams.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar