By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone delayed to 2019

The game looked very, very bland, so they should take their time to make it worthwhile.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

So is Sony going to release two zombie games in one year or will TLOU2 not arrive til 2020?

Hope we still get Spiderman this year.

TallSilhouette said:
So is Sony going to release two zombie games in one year or will TLOU2 not arrive til 2020?

Maybe we'll finally get Dead Island 2 next year too. Make it the year of the zombies!

great news

Vasto said:
They saw State Of Decay 2 gameplay and how everybody saying how much better it looks.

You know how someone was ruining your State of Decay thread, and Ryuu96 put a stop to it? That doesn't mean you can do the same thing to someone elses thread.

Put a stop to it or I'll put a stop to it.

Around the Network

I usually (always?) welcome delays because I just imagine it'll lead to people getting a better product in the end, if developers feel the game needs more time.

Hynad said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
cant say I'm really surprised. kinda see spider-man getting delayed next too

Nah. Insomniac usually delivers on time.

Then again, don't recall seeing anything new from Spiderman in a very long time. Maybe I just missed it, but that makes me wonder.

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 March 2018

TallSilhouette said:

With Detroit landing end of May, and GOW mid April, if PS wants to launch Spiderman this year, getting it out before the holidays would be a good idea, so before October, otherwise wait until early 2019. Pushing Days Gone to early 2019 also makes sense to avoid this holiday and fill the new year/spring drought.

I also have to assume that whatever year the next PS console launches, is the year you see TLOU2. A late 2019 console with TLOU2 launching around that same time would work as long as Days Gone has had almost a full year to itself. 2020 wouldn't be out of the question either, and having plenty of development time makes sense because TLOU2 is one game that really needs to hit a grand slam and cannot be a disappointment.

Cool, look forward to the added battle royal mode

Kinda lost interest in this game after last years E3. Might still check it out though.

Landguy said:

Funny how the apologists are out in force. It's "OK" when Sony delays a game, because "it will be better" or "the schedule is full".

Anybody else who delays their games, its the end of the world and they should just get out of the business.

Clearly, every developer ends up moving releases to match with completion schedules and to avoid other titles. But all developers/publishers should be given the same latitude.

Moderated - Miguel

Props to the moderator for his heavy-handed use of authority. Nevermind the poster has a point. And seriously, is what he said that inflammatory? Chinese dissidents get more leeway than some users in this forum.