By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - *POLL* Why Dont You Have An Xbox Console?

Why don't you have an Xbox?

Not interested in the games 67 29.91%

Don't like the console 4 1.79%

Don't like the controller 1 0.45%

Don't like MS 20 8.93%

I have a gaming PC 25 11.16%

No money for 2nd/3rd console 12 5.36%

All of the above 11 4.91%

Mixture of the above 44 19.64%

Xbox Owner seeing the results 40 17.86%

Total:224

There isn't a single game I'm even remotely interested in that I can't play anywhere else. An XBox is useless to me.

Around the Network

It doesn't get the kind of games that interest me, such as japanese 3rd party games (and the few that it gets can be played on other consoles).

None of the choices in the poll really.

I've owned an Xbox Original and a 360. I haven't bought an X1, but don't feel like I'm missing out on anything much.

The original Xbox had Otogi, Panzar Dragoon, Jade Empire, Fable, Strangers Wrath, Escape from Butchers Bay, Halo and other games. It seems like they tried their hardest with that console and never again.

But how quick they drop support for a console and move on with the original reasoning they gave for getting into the console race - to win the living room.

They didn't do it to provide a great gaming experience, but to take over the living room space and three generations of consoles has done nothing but back this.

Regardless if they do well or they do really bad, either way they drop support early and leave gamers starved for games.

From the three, Sony are the most consistent in supporting their console with games. Nintendo is consistent in delivering Nintendo experiences. MS to me is the weakest from the three since they don't do either of the above well consistently.

Because I don't need it. There's not a single Xbox One game, from the past or the future, that interests me in the slightest. I have a PS3, a Xbox 360, a PS4, a 3DS and I'm planning to buy a Switch in the next month because those consoles have games I want to play, that's the only thing I care about. Some games are not in those consoles, but they are on PC. Xbox One has nothing. And I'm happy for that, one less machine to buy.

EDIT: I lied, there's Rare Replay. But I'm not buying a console to play that one collection of games I can easily emulate on PC.

I have a Playstation and I would be better of buying a pc than a Xbox.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I am happy to see no one hates the god emperor of controllers. Xbox might not be for all, but nobody hates on the best controller...

Xbox controller is best controller...

Alara317 said:
And to further shut you up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9sr10wnn3vl4ff/photo_2018-03-10_14-53-01.jpg?dl=0

Here's my gaming setup. Hooked up to my TV right now I have a Switch, PS4, PS3, WiiU, Xbox One, and Super Nintendo.

Oh the NES games!! I love the old classics! Your alright! :)  

I don't have an Xbox One because there's only one true exclusive that I want.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LiquorandGunFun said:
Alara317 said:
And to further shut you up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9sr10wnn3vl4ff/photo_2018-03-10_14-53-01.jpg?dl=0

Here's my gaming setup. Hooked up to my TV right now I have a Switch, PS4, PS3, WiiU, Xbox One, and Super Nintendo.

Oh the NES games!! I love the old classics! Your alright! :)  

I actually just booted up Yoshi's Island about an hour ago while waiting for delivery!

Azzanation said:
Alara317 said:

Are you being dense on purpose? That's not the ONLY reason, it's one of many. No games, what games it does have are on other systems, UI is not appealing,  it tanks my internet every time I use it, the network seems shoddy as hell for wi-fi, AND the controllers need batteries or battery packs. 

They need to get with the times. PS4 controllers have battery packs already in them, as do PS3 controllers, WiiU controllers, and Switch controllers. The fact that Microsoft still either requires AA batteries or a 30 dollar battery pack is laughable to me, and sort of the cherry on the cake. 

Don't try to misrepresent my points to make my argument look absurd. That's called a strawman fallacy. 

Your reasons you posted previously 

My Reponses are underlined to the bold.

- The Games on that system don't catch my eye (No exclusives) < No exclusives? Sunset, Rare's Replay, Halo 5 just to name a few. Your comment is false.

- Multiplatform games are better on PS4 (Base model, anyway) < Xbox One X... so most games don't look better on PS4. Get an X, Problem solved.

- All the games I CAN get on Xbox I can also get on PC < Again... Sunset, Rare's Replay, Halo 5 etc. Your comment is false

- I have a PS4, Switch, and a low-end PC to cover me < PC does not play all Xbox and BC titles.

- The system crashes my internet any time I use it < Strange, sounds like a internet issue or a console fault. Get that checked before complaining about it.

- Downloads take forever on the system, crippling the internet for hours at a time < Sounds like a internet problem or a console fault. Get that checked before complaining about it..

- I have to buy batteries for the controller, which gets expensive < $20 for a battery pack that's a once off purchase and isn't necessary? Gotcha

- Microsoft pissed me off with their DRM and Launch and Kinect < You sound upset

- Seriously, there are virtually no games on it and none coming out that interest me other than Sea of Thieves < Xbox One has the largest library of games thanks to the Backwards compatibly and many more on their way. Your comment is false.

I question if you even own an Xbox actually.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Hey man, I have 5 Xbones, 2 PS4s, a WiiU, and a Switch. XBO is actually my preferred console this gen but this thread is about disliking the Xbox. No point in defending it. Just ignore it.