By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IHS Markit reports 12.8 million Switch units were sold over the course of the year.

quickrick said:
Yerm said:
"over the course of the year" could likely mean consoles sold in 2017, which would line up pretty well with every other outlet reported

Yea it probably means that buts it would still be over tracked by a huge amount, around 800k i think.

Mote like ~350k.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Another company said the Switch sold around 14 milliond by the end of the year. Why this company would be more trustworthy than others ?

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Yea it probably means that buts it would still be over tracked by a huge amount, around 800k i think.

Mote like ~350k.

they had switch at 13.46 by the end of 2017.

SKMBlake said:
Another company said the Switch sold around 14 milliond by the end of the year. Why this company would be more trustworthy than others ?

Which company?

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Mote like ~350k.

they had switch at 13.46 by the end of 2017.

I'm getting 13,181,768.

Last edited by Green098 - on 07 March 2018

Around the Network

Since when is a difference of 380K "hugely over-tracked" lol? Also as someone above me said, they undertracked PS4 in 2016 by 400K.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Acevil said:
Mar1217 said:
More like, where did they take their numbers from ?

Wouldn't trust them that much. They were off on PS4 in 2016 by 400k.

you have proof?

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Mote like ~350k.

That's about how much they were off the previous year for PS4. Which honestly is impressive if you think about it. Since sony released their sell through before their report was finalized. Sony pressed released on Jan 4th. They release sometime in March.

quickrick said:
Acevil said:

Wouldn't trust them that much. They were off on PS4 in 2016 by 400k.

you have proof?

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/corporate/press-releases/2017/playstation-4--ps4--sells-through-6-2-million-units-worldwide-du/

• PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 53.4*2 million units globally as of January 1, 2017.

PlayStation 4 ended 2016 with an installed base of 53 million compared to Xbox One’s 27.6 million.  

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

you have proof?

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/corporate/press-releases/2017/playstation-4--ps4--sells-through-6-2-million-units-worldwide-du/

• PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 53.4*2 million units globally as of January 1, 2017.

PlayStation 4 ended 2016 with an installed base of 53 million compared to Xbox One’s 27.6 million.  

they were just giving an estimate  on install base, and not exact sell through numbers like they do in this article.