By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IHS Markit reports 12.8 million Switch units were sold over the course of the year.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

OK for everyone saying those numbers are wrong because of the 53 million number, compared to the 53.4 million number, You guys do realize that the 53 million number came out 2 months after sony announced there 53.4 million number, that like 100% proof they weren't being precise with there numbers. unlike the switch where they make it clear IHS Markit reports 12.8 million Switch units were sold over the course of the year.

What reason does an analyst firm have to make itself look less competent in a deliberate manner?

umm why would they look less competent? nintendo does the same thing, remember the 3 million announcement vs 3.8. The fact is everyone already knows sony sold 53.4 million, way before the 53 million number came out from them, they didn't feel the the need to mention the 400k for the 53 million. 

Around the Network

Nintendo themselves said that sold through is above 13 millions, so this info is wrong by default.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

What reason does an analyst firm have to make itself look less competent in a deliberate manner?

umm why would they look less competent? nintendo does the same thing, remember the 3 million announcement vs 3.8. The fact is everyone already knows sony sold 53.4 million, way before the 53 million number came out from them, they didn't feel the the need to mention the 400k for the 53 million. 

Your whole argument doesn't add up here they didn't feel the need to mention the 400k but felt the need to mention the 800k in the Switch report?

We already have 2017 numbers from Nintendo's investor meeting anyway so that already shoots down the report.

Nautilus said:
Nintendo themselves said that sold through is above 13 millions, so this info is wrong by default.

we already gone through this. it's already a established fact that number was not for the end of 2017.

Nintendo themselves said they are past 13 million sold-through in 2017 their last quarterly report. And that also excludes some regions like latin america and parts of asia.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/events/index.html

click on presentation material, open the pdf, than scroll down to switch section.

edit: if they shipped 14.86M by end of december, there is no way they have 2.06M sitting in store shelves after the holiday season. This is complete BS.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 07 March 2018

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

How embarrassing.

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

So someone can use that fact a year later to prove their point.

And thus we are back to massbullying that goes up all the way to admin level.

The cliff was in sight. I told quickrick to hit the brakes, but instead he went pedal to the metal.

That's the problem with cliffs, it's a steep fall, anything but flat.

Signature goes here!

quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

we already gone through this. it's already a established fact that number was not for the end of 2017.

I don't remeber it that way. I remember you saying that, and everyone proving how wrong you were (and actually you were)

Oh dear, has Quickrick been jumping off cliffs again ? Proper adrenaline junkie that one, someone should get him a squirrel suit and a parachute for his next birthday.

Nintendo themselves said they had sold through to consumers over 13 million but that the 14.8 million was shipped so I don't know.