By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea begins negotiations with US on abandoning its nuclear weapons

well, a nuclear power has never been invaded

Around the Network

numberwang :
"North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, has told South Korean envoys that he is willing to begin negotiations with the United States on abandoning its nuclear weapons and that it would suspend all nuclear and missile tests while engaged in such talks, South Korean officials said on Tuesday."

He's full of shit. Nothing will ever come of this latest overture. Mark my words. He's stalling for more time and/or handouts from the West.

poklane said:

“It made it clear that it would have no reason to keep nuclear weapons if the military threat to the North was eliminated and its security guaranteed.”

So they're just gonna demand that the US completely pulls out of South Korea and Japan and ceases all military drills.

NK has zero authority to make us pull out of Japan or Asia for that matter, we will leave South Korea only if South Korea asks us too. Not to mention no one should trust NK after they fleeced Bill Clinton into giving them money.

If this is true, NK developed this bargaining chip for this purpose all along, let see how serious the US is for a peaceful resolution

We shouldn´t expect anything until NK delivers. Problem is, they will likely make the very reasonable demand that the US removes most, if not all, of its prescence around The Republic of Korea and China and the US will never, ever do that.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
And all it took was someone not to back down and apply sanctions instead of taking there word for it and bribing them with aid... who woulda thunk it.
Trump, you the man, man!

You do know it was Obama that enacted the sanctions, right?

John2290 said:
And all it took was someone not to back down and apply sanctions instead of taking there word for it and bribing them with aid... who woulda thunk it.
Trump, you the man, man!

While I approve of Trump's firmer approach to North Korea, this matter feels far from over.

I just hope Trump doesn't fuck anything up.

poklane said:

“It made it clear that it would have no reason to keep nuclear weapons if the military threat to the North was eliminated and its security guaranteed.”

So they're just gonna demand that the US completely pulls out of South Korea and Japan and ceases all military drills.

I'm sure the US will comply in favor of denuclearization and deescalation.

There is no chance that someone's fragile ego could ever prevent this sensible move.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
poklane said:

I'm sure the US will comply in favor of denuclearization and deescalation.

There is no chance that someone's fragile ego could ever prevent this sensible move.

Especially since this move could cement Trumps legacy as an extremely positive one there would be no way to spin this, and would be a step above of the Obama's administration disastrous Foreign Policy.