By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Gold Points Switch

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Hard to believe that as a gamer, you wouldn't have been interested in actual, limited edition game systems.

Sure, there were some cool physical items but most were lame shit like hats, keychains, calenders, etc.

But even so, im not a collector so a limited edition of a system i likely already owned isnt that big of a deal to me.

..Surely it's better than 30 cents off your next purchase? lol

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

Sure, there were some cool physical items but most were lame shit like hats, keychains, calenders, etc.

But even so, im not a collector so a limited edition of a system i likely already owned isnt that big of a deal to me.

Nah, 5% back on purchases is better than random junk thats going to sit in my closet unused.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I've never cared about this. How does this work? Do you get a code or something when you buy games?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

amazing, from my 45 or so games so far on the Switch I have a total of 8e on the EU eshop, $2.40 on the US one and 80yen

A mei Zing

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

At least its something

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nah, 5% back on purchases is better than random junk thats going to sit in my closet unused.

Game and Watch Ball brand new in a box is selling for $70.00 right now on Ebay so, even if you didn't like it, you could sell it for a lot more than that 5% discount.

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

Game and Watch Ball brand new in a box is selling for $70.00 right now on Ebay so, even if you didn't like it, you could sell it for a lot more than that 5% discount.

BRAND NEW AND IN BOX

So i would have had to keep it for ~5 years unused in order to make it worthwhile.

Also i already admitted there were a few cool rewards but most of it was random shit i would never want.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Club_Nintendo_items_(America)

Looking through the list of rewards, its complete trash.

Mario Hat-600 coins

Mario Pin-450 coins

Pen Case-400 coins

Mario Terrycloth-350 coins

Japanese folding fan-300 coins

Greeting card set-300 coins

Shoelaces-300 coins

Folder set w/bookmarks-250 coins

I mean sure if you desperate for some free folders, shoelaces or a terrycloth than i guess thats better than a couple bucks back on each purchase.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

BRAND NEW AND IN BOX

So i would have had to keep it for ~5 years unused in order to make it worthwhile.

Also i already admitted there were a few cool rewards but most of it was random shit i would never want.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Club_Nintendo_items_(America)

Looking through the list of rewards, its complete trash.

Mario Hat-600 coins

Mario Pin-450 coins

Pen Case-400 coins

Mario Terrycloth-350 coins

Japanese folding fan-300 coins

Greeting card set-300 coins

Shoelaces-300 coins

Folder set w/bookmarks-250 coins

I mean sure if you desperate for some free folders, shoelaces or a terrycloth than i guess thats better than a couple bucks back on each purchase.

Pretty sure I could get more than a couple bucks for most of that junk though. That's my point. The value isn't there compared to the physical rewards. Of course, anyone who's been following the game industry long enough will tell you, dominance comes at a price. 

I've got over 30 digital games on my Switch. I'd say about 25 of them are full priced retail games. I can't check right now but hopefully I can redeem for something great!

d21lewis said:
I've got over 30 digital games on my Switch. I'd say about 25 of them are full priced retail games. I can't check right now but hopefully I can redeem for something great!

the thing is that they worth NOW 5%, but they didnt if you bougth them a month ago...

3 weeks ago, i bought Pac-Man championship edition 2, which was 24.99. with the new program, it worth 125 gold point, but in the old system, it worth only  20 points...