By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Gold Points Switch

Marach said:
d21lewis said:
I've got over 30 digital games on my Switch. I'd say about 25 of them are full priced retail games. I can't check right now but hopefully I can redeem for something great!

the thing is that they worth NOW 5%, but they didnt if you bougth them a month ago...

3 weeks ago, i bought Pac-Man championship edition 2, which was 24.99. with the new program, it worth 125 gold point, but in the old system, it worth only  20 points...

Can't check on the site for some reason. No idea what I actually have but I'll definitely put it to use in the future.

Around the Network

I tend to buy everything physical because in my countrie's eshop the games are so overpriced, this really sucks.

I know... my English sucks.

Currently, I have 1142 Gold coins and 280 silver. Not exactly sure how to redeem them. I'm at work and I'm using my phone to view the site. I'll probably figure it out tonight when I get home.

*Edit* figured it out. Basically, I have $11.42 to spend on whatever. I just went to the eShop and clicked on my profile. Now I need to find a good game that I want and don't already have. I great great things about Rocket League though I'm not sure if it's my type of game.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 06 March 2018

I think it's pretty stingy, really. I order from a UK retailer called 365games, and generally they do 5-10% cashback on retail purchases (which are always priced below the digital equivalent). Unless it's DLC or digital only, I'm unlikely to ever get the 5% cashback rate from Nintendo, so my points will pile up very slowly. I guess I can see it as a bonus on top of the cashback I get through 365. 

It's something, and it's been easy to link My Nintendo to my Switch and register my games for points, so those are plus points - but it's not a huge step forward and it shouldn't take Nintendo a year to roll out a basic reward system like this. I love my Switch, but eShop and the UI needs an overhaul - and they need to get Switch Online right, too.

Asriel said:

I think it's pretty stingy, really. I order from a UK retailer called 365games, and generally they do 5-10% cashback on retail purchases (which are always priced below the digital equivalent). Unless it's DLC or digital only, I'm unlikely to ever get the 5% cashback rate from Nintendo, so my points will pile up very slowly. I guess I can see it as a bonus on top of the cashback I get through 365. 

It's something, and it's been easy to link My Nintendo to my Switch and register my games for points, so those are plus points - but it's not a huge step forward and it shouldn't take Nintendo a year to roll out a basic reward system like this. I love my Switch, but eShop and the UI needs an overhaul - and they need to get Switch Online right, too.

I guess it's better than nothing. When the gen began, I had every intention of going full digital (Breath of the Wild being the only exception--just to fill in the empty  cartridge slot). I even had a 256GB SD card waiting when I got my console.

On one hand, I could look a gift horse in the mouth but, on the other hand, I don't know what Sony and Microsoft are doing. Every now and then, Sony will offer $15 for every $100 spent and I get money back from Microsoft for... reasons (I never know why. I just check my balance and sometimes there's money there).

Nintendo ain't doing too bad.

Around the Network

This is pretty much inverse of the 3DS "ambassador program"... early adopters, on a successful launch, got f'd.

Going forward, sure, its an OK deal. But there should have been a chance to redeem some games (by a certain cutoff date, at least) for the early coins, in line with what they offer for 3DS/Wii U, which is about 30-50 gold coins for indie titles.. I spent nearly $1000 on games the first year to only get about $5? Its a gotdamn joke...

Was hoping to be able to cash in on Zelda after the new system was in place to get 60 coins instead of 12 but nope, now I get nothing for it. Guess I could still get the coins on the EU eShop, but I doubt I'll have to buy anything from there. Man these time limits are so annoying, if it weren't for them the tiny amount of coins obtained per game wouldn't be as laughable as you could atleast build them up over time.