By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Gold Points Switch

PwerlvlAmy said:
Nautilus said:

Well, Switch is highly successful now, so I doubt they are worried about people feelings about this reward system.It will probably get better over time, but that may take years.

Nintendo has fumbled basic things with Switch so far, its depressing 

A reward system for a console is hardly a notable aspect of it.I mean, just look at Sony reward program and it is, in my opinion, far worse.

As i said, its not as bad as it seems to be.But yeah, it could have been a bigger win with the hardcore audience.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
So maybe I'm just dumb and can't figure it out, but do digital purchases count retroactively towards points, or is it basically anything from this point forward?

Also how do I get points for physical games? The My Nintendo site isn't really clear...though again maybe I'm just missing something.

It seems to be only from thsi point foward unfortunelly, otherwise I would have gained alot of gold coins by now.

For the physical side, my guess is that once the game has been detected on your Switch, since an account is mandatory to be tied to a Switch/profile for internet use, once you access the internet with your Switch, it gets automatically detected and thus gives you the gold coins.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:

It seems to be only from thsi point foward unfortunelly, otherwise I would have gained alot of gold coins by now.

For the physical side, my guess is that once the game has been detected on your Switch, since an account is mandatory to be tied to a Switch/profile for internet use, once you access the internet with your Switch, it gets automatically detected and thus gives you the gold coins.

Dang DX That stinks.

I didn't realize the system was on the Switch itself, so I get what I was missing now. Was looking for a place to enter a code on the website like Club Nintendo had. Probably will only get a few points but wanted to see anyway.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Nautilus said:

Dang DX That stinks.

I didn't realize the system was on the Switch itself, so I get what I was missing now. Was looking for a place to enter a code on the website like Club Nintendo had. Probably will only get a few points but wanted to see anyway.

Yeah, kind of miss that system too.There was something rather exciting on putting in the code and see the number of your gold coins grow.

you have to go to your game library, press + on the game and then go to ''my nintendo rewards'' and then click register the game cart

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I forgot to register my games on mynintendo but I just did it now. I got like $4. I have like 13 games. Well, I am definitely not going to buy full-sized games like this. Maybe I will buy a season pass. No, let me correct that. Let me use a discount to buy a season pass. -_-

Nintendo really doesn't want us to go full physical don't they?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
you have to go to your game library, press + on the game and then go to ''my nintendo rewards'' and then click register the game cart

Thanks!Gonna do it later!

Oh yeah, I've heard about this some time ago, but I don't really pay attention to My Nintendo. It hasn't be very good since it launched. I miss Club Nintendo...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Better than nothing, but that means I can get 20 cents off my next purchase

Hurray!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

Im the exact opposite, i never cared about any of the little collectibles they gave out so this setup is alot better for me personally.

Hard to believe that as a gamer, you wouldn't have been interested in actual, limited edition game systems.

Sure, there were some cool physical items but most were lame shit like hats, keychains, calenders, etc.

But even so, im not a collector so a limited edition of a system i likely already owned isnt that big of a deal to me.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.