By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Gold Points Switch

melbye said:
Darwinianevolution said:
It's nice, but it's not perfect. I'm waiting for that MyNintendo scheduled maintenance this month. They may finally bring Switch rewards, who knows.

They actually removed that part that said Switch rewards coming soon on the MyNintendo site

You're right, it's nowhere to be seen. They better bring it back with some good deals, the current money to coins ratio is horrible. 2,50€ for each 50€ spent... Digital sure is the future.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I wish my review copies of games counted towards my gold points :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

When they stopped shipping actual physical things like Game and Watch and GBA SPs, it was over for me. I use to enjoy typing in my code and then saving up for some really nice stuff that actually exists in the real world.

AlfredoTurkey said:
When they stopped shipping actual physical things like Game and Watch and GBA SPs, it was over for me. I use to enjoy typing in my code and then saving up for some really nice stuff that actually exists in the real world.

Im the exact opposite, i never cared about any of the little collectibles they gave out so this setup is alot better for me personally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

i registered 18 games just now and i have a total of $8 eshop credit...yay....

nintendo is pretty much gamestop

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 05 March 2018

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Well, Switch is highly successful now, so I doubt they are worried about people feelings about this reward system.It will probably get better over time, but that may take years.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I think what sucks is that they've seemed to increase the points you get from a digital purchase. So, it was maybe like 60 gold points for Zelda early on and now you get like 300 points or 3 bucks just for buying Zelda or Mario Odyssey. So if you had bought digital, even 3 games, you'd have 9 bucks. I hope they retroactively give consumers the points they deserve...at least for Nintendo content. But I highly doubt they will.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Im the exact opposite, i never cared about any of the little collectibles they gave out so this setup is alot better for me personally.

Hard to believe that as a gamer, you wouldn't have been interested in actual, limited edition game systems.

Last edited by AlfredoTurkey - on 05 March 2018

Nautilus said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Well, Switch is highly successful now, so I doubt they are worried about people feelings about this reward system.It will probably get better over time, but that may take years.

Nintendo has fumbled basic things with Switch so far, its depressing 

So maybe I'm just dumb and can't figure it out, but do digital purchases count retroactively towards points, or is it basically anything from this point forward?

Also how do I get points for physical games? The My Nintendo site isn't really clear...though again maybe I'm just missing something.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334